PhD in International Education
The Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in International Education program is designed to provide students with an understanding of contemporary issues affecting global instructional institutions. Read more about this progressive Northcentral University doctoral degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in International Education
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in enrolling in this program may be currently working as education professionals at home or abroad. It may be helpful to stay abreast of global current events, and courses in inclusive instruction or cultural diversity could prove useful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in this Northcentral University program have the opportunity to compare the education in one country to that of another's. The program is also designed to take a close look at international education groups and explore global methods of collaboration. Learners will have the chance to examine topics in student learning and assessment. In addition, the program is intended to explore issues that can affect a country's instructional systems, such as the economy, government changes, societal migrations, and didactic disparities among cultures or classes. Other topics designed to be covered include change, safety, ethics, and conflict management practices.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program requires the completion of at least 60 credit hours. However, students who need additional time to complete dissertation research may take up 75 credit hours.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Education with a Specialization in International Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (6 credits)
- EDU 7000: Educational Research Strategies (3 credits)
- EDU 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
International Education Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- IE 7001: Introduction to Global and Comparative Education (3 credits)
- IE 7003: Culture, Society, and Education in Comparative Perspective (3 credits)
- IE 7005: International Organizations in Global Education (3 credits)
- IE 7007: International Education Leadership (3 credits)
- IE 7009: Conflict Resolution in an International Context (3 credits)
- IE 7013: Globalization and Educational Change (3 credits)
- IE 7017: International Education Concepts and Theory (3 credits)
- IE 7021: Global Perspective on Ethical Issues (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (21 credits)
- EDU 7002: Educational Research Methodology (3 credits)
- EDU 7020: Statistics in Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU 7070: Advanced Statistical Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- EDU 7702: Research Design (3 credits)
- EDU 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500E: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9501E: Ph.D. Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9502E: Ph.D. Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9503E: Ph.D. Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9504E: Ph.D. Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Individuals who have completed the Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in International Education program could seek opportunities globally or domestically with colleges, philanthropic agencies, or government departments. Opportunities could be sought working in study abroad programs, international school startups, or bicultural educational programs. Depending on their prior training and experience, graduates could undertake tasks in research, policy creation, curriculum development, administration, or instruction.
Job titles that could be sought include:
- Overseas teacher
- International education program manager
- Global education professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!