MEd in Sports Management
Professional educators who would like to explore the business aspects of sports in preparation for pursuing career advancement opportunities might consider studying for a master's degree. At Northcentral University, they could apply to the Master of Education in Sports Management program. Read on to find more information about this online master's degree program.
Official Program Name:
Master of Education in Sports Management
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements. Applicants to Northcentral University's Master of Education in Sports Management program should be knowledgeable about sports in general. They should be interested in expanding their teaching and administrative skills and in exploring contemporary problems in sports management and athletic administration.
Northcentral University's Master of Education in Sports Management program was created for experienced individuals who want to seek leadership roles within school athletic departments. As they increase their knowledge of the responsibilities of school sports administrators, participants could learn to plan athletic events and programs. The curriculum is designed to emphasize the policy development and sports management theories of interscholastic sports. Areas of focus could also include sports governance, marketing, financial analysis, and facilities management.
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Education in Sports Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Education Foundation Courses
- EDU-5000-8: Foundations for Graduate Study (3 credits)
- ED-5022-8: Educational Policy and Practice (3 credits)
- ED-5001-8: Contemporary Issues in Education (3 credits)
- ED-5034-8: School and Community Relations (3 credits)
- ED-5023-8: Multicultural Relationships in Educational Organizations (3 credits)
- ED-6002 / ED-6002-8: Action Research Capstone (3 credits)
- Students select four of the following courses:
- SM-5000-8: Leadership and Administration of Athletic Programs (3 credits)
- SM-5002-8: Legal Aspects in Athletics (3 credits)
- SM-5004-8: Ethics in Sports (3 credits)
- SM-5006-8: Sports Governance and Policy Development (3 credits)
- SM-5008-8: Event and Facility Management and Programming (3 credits)
- SM-5010-8: Marketing in Athletics (3 credits)
- SM-5012-8: Issues in Athletic Administration (3 credits)
- SM-5014-8: Financial Administration of Sports Facilities and Programs (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Successful graduates of the Master of Education in Sports Management program might decide to continue their education and earn a relevant doctoral degree. Such academic credentials could also lead to positions as researchers and higher-education teachers. Doctoral degree program options could include:
- Doctor of Education in Sports Management
- Doctor of Education in Recreation and Sports Management
The Master of Education in Sports Management program could serve to enhance the knowledge and competencies of those who want to work in sports administration. Other career opportunities might exist in sport service organizations, professional sports, and intercollegiate athletics. Potential employment options for graduates of this program might include positions such as:
- K-12 athletic administrator
- Sports manager
- Athletic director
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!