PhD in Business Administration - Health Care Administration
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program is designed to give students the chance to learn how to apply business principles to health care delivery and health care organizations. Learn more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Experience of previous coursework in health care may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program is designed to give students the chance to learn how to apply business principles in a health care setting. Students have the opportunity to learn about business ethics, statistics, research strategies, and scholarly writing techniques. The health care administration specialization includes instruction in financial management, research in health care settings, health care policy, and health care education. As part of this program, students must complete a health care administration capstone project and a doctoral dissertation.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 60 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a Specialization in Health Care Administration
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
PhD Foundation Requirements
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose and Question
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- DIS 9501B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I
- DIS 9502B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II
- DIS 9503B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III
- DIS 9504B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV
Health Care Administration Specialization Requirements
Choose six courses from the following:
- HCA 7012: Health Care Industry and Financial Management
- HCA 7013: Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Research Management
- HCA 7014: Advanced Concepts and Applications in Health Policy and Management
- HCA 7015: Health Care Educational Theory and Application
- HCA 7018: Marketing Strategies in Health Care
- HCA 7019: Managerial Leadership within Managed Health Care Systems
- HCA 7020: Global Issues in Health Care Policy and Management
- HCA 7022: Health Care Strategic Management
- HCA 8010: Health Care Administration Capstone Project
Post Graduation Opportunities
Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program may help prepare students for careers in the health care industry. Students may learn management practices for health care entities, health care educational theory, and legal and ethical issues in health care. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Hospital administrator
- Health care policy analyst
- Health care quality manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!