PhD in Business Administration - Homeland Security Leadership & Policy
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy program is designed to give students the chance to learn how to apply business principles to the practice of homeland security. Read more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Previous coursework or employment experience in law enforcement or homeland security may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy program is a research-based doctoral program. The core coursework emphasizes research strategies, quantitative and qualitative methods, and scholarly writing techniques. The core Doctor of Philosophy program also requires students to research and write an original dissertation. The homeland security specialization includes instruction on terrorism, emergency management, and civil preparedness. The specialization area requires that students complete a homeland security capstone project.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 60 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a Specialization in Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
PhD Foundation Requirements
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose and Question
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- DIS 9501B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I
- DIS 9502B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II
- DIS 9503B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III
- DIS 9504B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV
Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy Specialization Requirements
Choose six courses from the following:
- HS 7000: Homeland Security and Terrorism
- HS 7004: Emergency Management and Civil Preparedness
- HS 7010: Securing Transportation
- HS 7013: Intelligence and Law Enforcement
- HS 7014: Strategy, Resiliency, and Coping with Fear
- HS 7020: Security of the Maritime Transportation System
- HS 8010: Homeland Security Capstone Project
Post Graduation Opportunities
This Northcentral University program includes instruction in research methodologies, writing, and analytical thinking. The homeland security specialization gives students the chance to learn about terrorism and emergency management. Graduates of this program may be prepared for positions in government or the private sector. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Civil defense consultant
- Emergency manager
- Homeland security analyst
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!