PhD in Business Administration - International Business
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in International Business program is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the various factors involved in effectively operating an organization in a foreign land. Read more about this exciting Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in International Business
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in applying to this program may be business professionals seeking a deeper understanding of global business practices. In contrast, they could be globetrotting professionals seeking the theoretical knowledge to support their practical experience. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Learners have the chance to examine theories and trends pertaining to organizations that focus their endeavors in other countries. The course in designed to explore topics in global strategizing, trade, finance, marketing, and technology management. Students will have the chance to examine industry practices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East. What's more, they will have the opportunity to study laws and regulations particular to other regions and study common legal issues that arise concerning labor, trade, and intellectual property. Before completing the program, learners will have the ability to complete a final applied research project in the field of international business.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be completed in 60 credits. Students needing additional time to complete dissertation research may take up to an additional 15 credit hours.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in International Business:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (12 credits)
- BTM 7000: Business Research Strategies (3 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
International Business Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- IB 7002: International Business Environments (3 credits)
- IB 7012: Global Economic Environment (3 credits)
- IB 7013: Global Marketing Environment (3 credits)
- IB 7014: Cultural Environment of Global Business (3 credits)
- IB 7016: International Business Strategic Management (3 credits)
- IB 7017: International Business Law & Environment (3 credits)
- IB 7018: Total Quality Management in International Business (3 credits)
- IB 8010: International Business Administration Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (15 credits)
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics (3 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination - Business (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9501B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9502B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9503B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9504B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Upon completion of this Northcentral University program, graduates could go be able to seek a job accomplishing any number of professional ventures domestically or internationally. Opportunities could be found with transcontinental organizations, smaller global businesses, government departments, or colleges. Graduates could be able to pursue administrative, operational, research, or instructional positions in the field.
Specific job titles might include:
- Overseas sales and development manager
- Global business analyst
- International business professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!