PhD in Business Administration - Management
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management program is designed to examine foundational and contemporary leadership theories and practices. Read more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management
School Offering Program:
Individuals wanting to apply to this program may be business professionals or organizational managers seeking to develop a stronger grasp of administrative methods. Previous courses in labor relations, workforce diversity, financial management, organizational behavior, or workplace psychology may prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
This program is intended to provide participants with an understanding of how various business components affect managerial decision-making. Participants will have the opportunity to learn to become effective, relevant, and compliant global leaders. Particularly, students will have the chance to examine how managers strategize and direct issues in budgeting, marketing, personnel administration, and operations management. Furthermore, they will have the chance to study how all of these factors impact organizational quality and productivity. In addition, the curriculum is designed to develop participants' professional communication, strategizing, crisis prevention, and problem-solving skills. Before finishing the program, students will have the chance to research, evaluate, and propose an original solution to a specific business management issue.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be completed in 60 credits. Up to an additional 15 credit hours will be allowed to complete dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (12 credits)
- BTM 7000: Business Research Strategies (3 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Management Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- MGT 7000: Business Organization and Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7001: Economics and the Modern Manager (3 credits)
- MGT 7002: Marketing Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7005: Management Finance and Control (3 credits)
- MGT 7006: Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- MGT 7007: Strategic Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7008: Production and Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7009: International Business (3 credits)
- MGT 7012: Managerial Accounting for Decision Making (3 credits)
- MGT 7013: Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- MGT 7014: Business and Management Consulting (3 credits)
- MGT 7016: Managing Change (3 credits)
- MGT 7017: Contemporary Policy Issues in Business (3 credits)
- MGT 7021: Managing Creativity in the Organization (3 credits)
- MGT 7022: Organizational Development (3 credits)
- MGT 7023: Crisis Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7026: Effective Managerial Communications (3 credits)
- MGT 7027: Legal Implications in Management (3 credits)
- MGT 7029: Strategic Leadership (3 credits)
- MGT 7031: The History of Management Theory (3 credits)
- MGT 7110: Leadership in Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 8010: Applied Management Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (15 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination - Business (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9501B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9502B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9503B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9504B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Individuals who graduate with a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management program could be able to seek work with corporations, charitable organizations, government departments, or colleges. Those who are already employed at the time of program completion could be able to take on additional tasks specific to their profession. Other duties that could be undertaken in this field might include business analysis, profit-and-loss management, performance management, research, theorizing, or instruction.
Jobs that graduates of this Northcentral University program could pursue might include:
- Strategic business consultant
- Senior-level business director
- Business management instructor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!