PhD in Business Administration - Management of Engineering & Technology
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management of Engineering and Technology program is designed for learners who are seeking to develop their leadership skills and strengthen their understanding of organizational technology. Read more about this flexible Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management of Engineering and Technology
School Offering Program:
Individuals who are interested in enrolling in this program may be business professionals, managers, engineers, or computer administrators. Previous courses in technology management, logistics, supply-and-demand, consumer behavior, and economics could prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in this program have the opportunity to learn how technology is used to manage data and lead organizational operations. Participants will have the chance to explore the importance of technical advancements in order to advance productivity and create quality goods or services. The curriculum is also designed to cover issues that modern businesses face and examine ways to address them in order to maintain a competitive edge in a global marketplace. In addition, students have the chance to examine concepts in systems control, business planning, forecasting, and personnel management. Before finishing the program, learners will have the chance to complete a final research project in which they evaluate a field-specific concern and offer an original and practical solution to the problem.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be completed in 60 credits. However, up to an additional 15 credit hours can be taken, if needed, to complete dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in Management of Engineering and Technology:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (12 credits)
- BTM 7000: Business Research Strategies (3 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Management of Engineering and Technology Requirements (18 credits)
- Students choose six courses from the following list:
- MET 7000: Fundamentals of Productivity (3 credits)
- MET 7002: Applications of Systems Theory (3 credits)
- MET 7003: Applications of Decision Theory (3 credits)
- MET 7006: Operational Research (3 credits)
- MET 7010: Total Quality Management (3 credits)
- MET 7015: The Impact and Process Optimization of Technology (3 credits)
- MET 7016: Improving Productivity in the 21st Century Through Technology (3 credits)
- MET 7017: The Emergence of Technology (3 credits)
- MET 7020: Strategic Technology Management (3 credits)
- MET 7023: The Principles of Managing Research and Development Organizations (3 credits)
- MET 7029: Enterprise Project Management (3 credits)
- MET 8010: Management of Engineering and Technology Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (15 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination - Business (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9501B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9502B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9503B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9504B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
After earning a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Management of Engineering and Technology degree, graduates who are already employed may be able to take on higher-level workplace duties. Careers could be found within public or private sectors, with corporations or government agencies. With a doctoral degree, graduates could also seek employment with colleges or universities, in research and development or instruction.
Individuals who have completed this Northcentral University program could go on to work as:
- Senior-level operations managers
- Executive business development consultants
- Business management professors
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!