PhD in Business Administration - Marketing
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing program is designed to examine foundational and contemporary approaches in marketing strategizing and operations. Read more about this flexible Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may be existing business professors or scholars seeking to deepen their understanding of marketing and promotional research methods. Previous training in statistics, data modeling, business communications, or consumer behavior could prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in this Northcentral University program have the opportunity to examine sales, research, and promotional techniques that can be applied to virtual, global or domestic markets. Participants will have the chance to learn to assess and evaluate buyer needs, wants, and behavior and construct advertising strategies geared toward establishing quality goods or services and driving customer loyalty. The curriculum is also intended to cover legal, ethical, and regulatory issues, including those pertaining to the U.S. healthcare industry. In addition, because this is a research-based program, students will have the chance to learn to utilize analytical industry tools, including IBM's SPSS Amos, as well as complete a field-specific final project.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be completed in 60 credits. Up to an additional 15 credit hours will be allowed to complete dissertation research. Students have up to seven years to complete the program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in Marketing:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (12 credits)
- BTM 7000: Business Research Strategies (3 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Marketing Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- ECM 7000: E-Commerce Back to Basics (3 credits)
- HCA 7018: Marketing Strategies in Health Care (3 credits)
- MGT 7002: Marketing Management (3 credits)
- MKT 7000: Strategic Service Marketing (3 credits)
- MKT 7001: Strategic Sales Force Management (3 credits)
- MKT 7002: Customer Relationship Management Strategies (3 credits)
- MKT 7003: Advertising and Promotion Strategies (3 credits)
- MKT 7100: Consumer Behavior Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- MKT 7101: Brand and Product Management (3 credits)
- MKT 7104: Advanced Ethical and Legal Cases and Applications in Marketing (3 credits)
- MKT 7105: Qualitative Marketing Research Theory (3 credits)
- MKT 7106: Quantitative Marketing Research Methods and Techniques (3 credits)
- MKT 8010: Marketing Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (21 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7070: Advanced Business Statistics (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Comprehensive Exam Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination - Business (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9501B Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9502B Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9503B Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9504B Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Earning a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing degree could allow existing professionals to take on additional responsibilities in their current workplace. In addition, graduates of this program could be able to pursue employment with colleges, consulting firms, corporations, or research institutes. Duties that professionals in this field could be able to undertake might include data analysis, applied research, or instruction.
Career opportunities that graduates of this Northcentral University program could be able to pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing professor
- Market researcher
- Business instructor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!