Career Diploma: Drafting with AutoCAD
Penn Foster Career School's Drafting with AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma Program is designed to give students the necessary skills to begin a drafting career using computer-aided design. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Drafting with AutoCAD(R)
School Offering Program:
Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster Career School's Drafting AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma Program gives students the opportunity to learn how to use basic CAD equipment, drafting equipment, media, and reproduction methods, and coordinate systems and software used with CAD programs. It is also intended to teach students dimensioning, geometric construction, geometric tolerancing, AutoCAD commands, and electrical and electronic schematic drafting with AutoCAD. Students study basic sketching techniques and math skills necessary to drafting and creating drawings using Drafting with AutoCAD(R) software. This program is designed to be completed in as few as 14 months, although students can choose to take more time to complete it.
Program Materials Supplied by Penn Foster Career School:
Penn Foster Career School provides students in its Drafting with AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma Program with the books, lessons, equipment, and learning aids needed to complete the program. Students are also provided with drafting tools and AutoCAD(R) student portfolio software.
Penn Foster offers low tuition, 0% APR financing, and affordable monthly payments to be completed upon graduation.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Drafting AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Penn Foster Career School to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- Instruction Set 1
- Learning Strategies
- The Drafter's World Language
- Instruction Set 2
- Size and Shape Description
- Introduction to Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- Instruction Set 3
- Sketching, Lettering, and Lines
- Basic Drafting Math
- Instruction Set 4
- Drafting Equipment, Media, and Reproduction Methods
- Orthographic Projection (Sketching)
- Geometric Construction
- Instruction Set 5
- Multiviews and Auxiliary Views
- Sections, Revolutions, and Conventional Breaks
- Instruction Set 6
- Geometric Tolerancing
- Working Drawings
- Pictoral Drawings
- Instruction Set 7
- Introduction to Windows
- Using Windows
- Harnessing AutoCAD(R), Part 1
- Harnessing AutoCAD(R), Part 2
- Instruction Set 8
- Harnessing AutoCAD(R), Part 3
- Harnessing AutoCAD(R), Part 4
- Harnessing AutoCAD(R), Part 5
- Instruction Set 9
- Structural Drafting with Basic Architectural Applications
- Civil Drafting
- Instruction Set 10
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning
- Electrical and Electronic Schematic Drafting
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Penn Foster Career School's Drafting with AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma Program may be interested in pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in AutoCAD(R) drafting or design. This might prepare them for advancement in the AutoCAD(R) field.
Degree options include (but are not limited to):
- Associate in CAD and Architectural Drafting
- Associate of Applied Science in CAD Drafting
- Associate of Civil Computer-Aided Design
- Associate of Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Associate of Mechanical Computer-Aided Design
- Bachelor of Drafting Technology in AutoCAD(R)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology Management in Computer-Aided Drafting
Students who complete Penn Foster Career School's Drafting with AutoCAD(R) Career Diploma Program may be able to pursue entry-level positions as drafters where they might use computer-aided design to create drawings. They might be able to work for an architectural firm, engineering firm, industrial site, or government agency.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!