Career Diploma: Legal Transcriptionist
Penn Foster Career School's Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma Program gives students the opportunity to develop administrative and personal skills while learning about legal terminology and forms of legal documents. Learn more about the Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma Program at Penn Foster Career School here.
Official Program Name:
Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma
School Offering Program:
Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster Career School's Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma Program is designed to be completed in as few as eight months. Students have the opportunity to learn about contemporary court structure, basic legal terminology, conducting legal research, and transcribing and revising legal documents. This program is also intended to teach students how to prepare legal documents, including pleadings and discovery, and use word processing programs. Students must have their high school diploma or GED before enrolling in this program. In addition, students must have access to a computer with Microsoft Windows and the Internet.
Program Materials Supplied by Penn Foster Career School (dependent upon program):
Penn Foster Career School provides students in the Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma Program with books, lessons, and study guides.
Penn Foster offers low tuition, 0% APR financing, and affordable monthly payments to be completed upon graduation.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Penn Foster Career School to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- PLS 025: Introduction to Legal Transcription
- PLS 026: Basic Legal Terminology
- PLS 028: Personal Development
- PLS 029: Legal Research and Document Preparation
- PLS 030: Legal Transcription
- PLS 113: Law and the Legal System
- CSC 106: Basic Keyboarding and Microsoft Office Applications
- ENG 010: Business English
Furthering Your Education:
Students who earn the Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma from Penn Foster Career School could be interested in pursuing an associate degree in the legal field. This might increase their knowledge of assisting those in the legal field. This could prepare students for advanced positions with increased responsibilities in the legal field.
Associate degree options include but are not limited to:
- Associate in Administrative Assisting in Legal Administrative Assistant
- Associate in Applied Science in Paralegal Studies
- Associate in Specialized Business in Legal Office Administration
- Associate of Legal Administration
- Associate of Legal Administration in Secretary
- Associate of Occupational Studies in Legal Office Administrations
- Associate of Paralegal Studies in Legal Secretary
- Associate of Paralegal in Legal Assistant
- Associate of Science in Legal Executive Assistant
Students who complete Penn Foster Career School's Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma Program could be able to seek employment at a law firm as a legal transcriptionist. Their work might include drafting legal documents, conducting legal research, or revising transcriptions.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!