Certificate - Gourmet Cooking
Penn Foster Career School's Gourmet Cooking Certificate Program is designed to give students the knowledge needed to create cuisine. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Gourmet Cooking Certificate
School Offering Program:
Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster Career School's Gourmet Cooking Certificate Program is intended to teach students cooking methods and tricks and techniques for flavorful gourmet presentations. Students are given the chance to learn about stocks, sauces, and soups; fruits, vegetables, and herbs; beef, veal, lamb, and pork; poultry and game; fish and shellfish; grains, legumes, and pasta; baking and pastries; and breakfast, garde manger, and world cuisines. Students also study meal preparation and kitchen layout and design. Access to the Internet is necessary to complete this program.
Program Materials Supplied by Penn Foster Career School:
Penn Foster Career School provides students in its Gourmet Cooking Certificate Program with the study guides, textbooks, and DVDs needed to complete the program.
Penn Foster offers low tuition, 0% APR financing, and affordable monthly payments to be completed upon graduation.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Gourmet Cooking Certificate:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Penn Foster Career School to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- PEP 010: Gourmet Cooking: Stocks, Sauces, and Soups
- Lesson 1: The Gourmet Kitchen
- Lesson 2: Stocks and Sauces
- Lesson 3: Soups
- Cooking Lab: Seared Beef
- Cooking Lab: Caramelized Onion Frittata
- PEP 015 Gourmet Cooking: Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Lesson 1: The Basics of Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Lesson 2: Cooking Methods for Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Cooking Lab: Stir-Fried Beans
- PEP 020: Gourmet Cooking: Meat
- Lesson 1: Beef and Veal
- Lesson 2: Lamb and Pork
- Cooking Lab: Chateaubriand
- Cooking Lab: Rack of Lamb
- PEP 025: Gourmet Cooking: Poultry and Game
- Lesson 1: The Basics of Poultry
- Lesson 2: Cooking Methods for Poultry and Game
- Cooking Lab: Stuffed Chicken Breast
- PEP 030: Gourmet Cooking: Fish and Shellfish
- Lesson 1: The Basics of Fish and Shellfish
- Lesson 2: Cooking Methods for Fish and Shellfish
- Cooking Lab: Striped Sea Bass
- PEP 035: Gourmet Cooking: Grains, Legumes, and Pasta
- Lesson 1: Grains
- Lesson 2: Legumes
- Lesson 3: Pasta
- Cooking Lab: Sesame Shiitake Noodles
- PEP 040: Gourmet Cooking: Baking and Pastry
- Lesson 1: Baking
- Lesson 2: Pastry
- Cooking Lab: Phyllo Pear Tart
- PEP 045: Gourmet Cooking: Breakfast, Garde Manger, and World Cuisines
- Lesson 1: Breakfast and Garde Manger
- Lesson 2: World Cuisines
- Cooking Lab: Preparation of an Entire Meal
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Penn Foster Career School's Gourmet Cooking Certificate Program may be interested in pursuing an associate degree or bachelor degree in a culinary arts-related field. This might increase their knowledge of culinary arts and prepare them for higher job positions in the culinary field. They might also be able to gain knowledge to open their own culinary business.
Degree options include (but are not limited to):
- Associate in Applied Science in Baking and Pastry
- Associate of International Backing and Pastry
- Associate of Professional Catering
- Associate in Applied Science in Accelerated Culinary Arts
- Associate in Applied Science in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Baking and Pastry Arts
- Bachelor of Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Food Service Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts
Students who complete Penn Foster Career School's Gourmet Cooking Certificate Program may be able to pursue entry-level jobs as gourmet cooks or gourmet chefs. They might be able to find employment with a restaurant, hotel or catering business.
Get your customized answers
Call 1-877-823-3442 to speak with an enrollment counselor or Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!