AS in Accounting
Individuals who are considering a career in business or accounting may be interested in the Associate of Science in Accounting program at Post University Online. Discover more about the Associate of Science in Accounting program here.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Science in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Post University Online
Applicants to this Post University's Associate of Science in Accounting program must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete at least 16 college preparatory program credits
The Associate of Science in Accounting program at Post University Online introduces students to general ledger and spreadsheet software applications, managerial accounting, and financial accounting and analysis as a function of information development, communication, and economic decision-making. Students have the opportunity to study basic marketing principles and principles of management, leadership, and strategic planning. Additionally, students can learn about business law, including constitutional law, intellectual property law, and criminal law, as they relate to business.
Financial Aid Available:
Students could be able to qualify for financial aid in the form of grants and loans. Contact Post University Online's Office of Student Finance for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate of Science in Accounting:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Post University Online to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Major, Core, and Concentrations (30 credits)
- ACC 111: Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 211: Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 215: Spreadsheet and General Ledger Applications (3 credits)
- MGT 105: Principles of Management (3 credits)
- MKT 101: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BUS 204: Business Law I (3 credits)
- ECO 201: Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ACC ELE: 200-Level or higher accounting elective (3 credits)
- BUS ELE: 200-Level or higher business elective (3 credits)
- BUS ELE: Unrestricted business elective (3 credits)
General Education Requirements (30 credits)
- ENG 110: College Reading & Writing (3 credits)
- ENG 120: College Writing II (3 credits)
- COM 107: Introduction to Communications (3 credits)
- CIS 112: Introduction to Computing (3 credits)
- Students choose two liberal arts electives (6 credits)
- MAT 120: College Algebra (3 credits)
- Students choose one science elective (3 credits)
- Students choose one elective (3 credits)
Career and Self-Awareness (3 credits)
- CSS 101: Learning Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
After completing the Associate of Science in Accounting program, graduates could continue their education by pursuing a related bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree programs can help students prepare for more challenging career opportunities by offering them additional training in accounting information systems, advanced accounting principles, taxes, corporate finance, business, and management. Examples of bachelor's degree programs graduates may wish to consider include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
Graduates of the Associate of Science in Accounting program could have the training necessary to pursue entry-level opportunities in corporations, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and any other business or organization that must keep record of their financial transactions. Job duties could include tracking accounts payable and receivable, creating invoices, preparing financial reports, and working with databases and spreadsheets. Possible positions include:
- Accounting Clerk
- Office Manager