AS in Management
Post University Online's Associate of Science in Management program can help students prepare for the duties and responsibilities of entry-level managers. Find out more about the Associate of Science in Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Science in Management
School Offering Program:
Post University Online
Applicants to this Post University's Associate of Science in Management program must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete at least 16 college preparatory program credits
Post University Online's Associate of Science in Management program exposes students to key principles of financial accounting and analysis, managerial accounting, microeconomics, and macroeconomics. The program offers students an overview of basic concepts in marketing, management, and business law. Students have the opportunity to study human resource management, including performance standards and the importance of a positive relationship between employees and their organization. The program also discusses entrepreneurship, new venture creation, and the basic skills needed for new venture start-ups.
Financial Aid Available:
Students could be able to qualify for financial aid in the form of grants and loans. Contact Post University Online's Office of Student Finance for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate of Science in Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Post University Online to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Major, Core, and Concentrations (30 credits)
- ACC 111: Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 211: Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BUS 204: Business Law I (3 credits)
- ECO 201: Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECO 202: Microeconomics (3 credits)
- MGT 105: Principles of Management (3 credits)
- MKT 101: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- MGT 201: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- MGT 221: Entrepreneurship, Creativity, and Innovation (3 credits)
General Education Requirements (30 credits)
- ENG 110: College Reading & Writing (3 credits)
- ENG 120: College Writing II (3 credits)
- COM 107: Introduction to Communications (3 credits)
- CIS 112: Introduction to Computing (3 credits)
- Students choose two liberal arts electives (6 credits)
- MAT 120: College Algebra (3 credits)
- Students choose one science elective (3 credits)
- Students choose one elective (3 credits)
Career and Self-Awareness (3 credits)
- CSS 101: Learning Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
After completing the Associate of Science in Management program, students who wish to prepare for more senior management opportunities should consider earning a related bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree programs can offer students additional training in areas such as human resource management, change management, business practice, and organizational leadership. Graduates may be interested in bachelor's degree programs such as:
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management with a concentration in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management with a concentration in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
Effective managers are essential to the success of a business or organization, and are required in many industries. Graduates of the Associate of Science in Management program could be prepared for entry-level management positions in retail establishments, restaurants, businesses, government agencies, public service organizations, and any other organization or business that utilizes employees. Possible positions could include:
- Retail Store Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Office Manager
- Project Manager