BS in Professional and Liberal Studies
The online Bachelor of Science in Professional and Liberal Studies program is designed for individuals who have earned at least 45 undergraduate credit hours. Read on for more information about this convenient and practical major from Saint Joseph's University.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Professional and Liberal Studies
School Offering Program:
Saint Joseph's University
Individuals interested in this program may be seasoned professionals looking to support their practical experience with a degree. Interested participants may come from, but are not limited to, such fields as client relations, human resources, public relations, sales, or business operations. Applicants to Saint Joseph's University's program should have earned at least 45 undergraduate credit hours.
The Bachelor of Science in Professional and Liberal Studies program is designed to develop well-rounded and ethical leaders in a wide range of industries. Courses are intended to strengthen participants' critical thinking and writing skills. Students will also have the opportunity to explore topics in organizational development. Fiscal management and budgeting practices are also integrated in the program.
Total Credits Required:
Financial assistance may be available in the form of student loans or grants. Active military, reservists and spouses of these military personnel may be eligible for tuition discounts for online degrees and graduate level certificate programs. Contact Saint Joseph's University to learn more.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Professional and Liberal Studies:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Saint Joseph's University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Courses
- ENG 111: Exposition and Argumentation (3 credits)
- ENG 112: Research Based Writing (3 credits)
- ENG 113: Literature and Composition (3 credits)
- THE 154: Faith, Justice and Catholic Tradition (3 credits)
- REL 101: Comparative Religion (3 credits)
- PHL 154: Moral Foundations (3 credits)
- PHL 201: Knowledge and Existence (3 credits)
- Students also complete six credits in each of the following subjects:
- History (6 credits)
- Mathematics (6 credits)
- Language (6 credits)
- Natural or Environmental Science (6 credits)
- Social Science (6 credits)
Professional Studies Courses
- Students complete three credits in the following subject:
- PWS 263: Organizational Writing (3 credits)
- Students complete six credits in either of the following subjects:
- Philosophy (3 credits)
- Upper Level Theology (3 credits)
- Students choose six additional courses from labor studies, organizational development, legal studies, purchasing, communications, or health administration.
- Students needing additional credits to meet the 120-credit degree requirement can choose elective courses to complete the remaining coursework.
Furthering Your Education:
Upon completion of this bachelor's degree program, graduates may decide to continue their training. This could lead them to pursue a specialized post-bachelor's certificate or enroll in a master's degree series. Participating in such programs could help increase one's professional marketability and strengthen their theoretical and practical skills in the field.
Master's degree options include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in Education
After earning this Saint Joseph's University degree, graduates could be able to find employment with business corporations, philanthropic organizations, government agencies, health care facilities, communications companies, or schools. Individuals who are already employed could be able to undertake additional responsibilities related to their current position.
Depending on personal experience, individuals who possess a Bachelor of Science in Professional and Liberal Studies degree could be able to pursue jobs as:
- Sales professionals
- Business managers
- Customer service specialists
- Civil servants
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!