Diploma in Massage Therapy
The Diploma in Massage Therapy program at Sanford-Brown is designed to teach students skills in massage therapy, such as Swedish or deep tissue massage. Learn more about Sanford-Brown's Diploma in Massage Therapy here.
Official Program Name:
Diploma in Massage Therapy
School Offering Program:
Applicants to the Diploma in Massage Therapy should be interested in pursuing a career in massage or physical therapy. Potential Sanford-Brown students must live in close proximity to campus locations.
The Diploma in Massage Therapy program at Sanford-Brown is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain skills in Swedish and deep tissue massage, kinesiology, and body mechanics. Students can learn about medical terminology for major human organs and systems, traditional and non-traditional drug therapies, hydrotherapy, color therapy, therapy for mental and terminal patients, and clinical assessment and planning. Coursework examines business and marketing strategies aimed at building a successful massage career, and ethics for massage professionals. The program includes a clinically supervised externship and a review course designed to help students prepare for certification examinations.
Offered at selected campuses
Program Length and Total Credits Required:
The Diploma in Massage Therapy consists of 67 credits and takes approximately 6 quarters to complete. In addition to 61 core curriculum credits, students must complete 6 professional development courses.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Sanford-Brown's opportunities include federal and institutional grants and scholarships. Students can find out more information about financial aid opportunities from campus Financial Aid Representatives.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Diploma in Massage Therapy:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change and may vary by campus. Contact Sanford-Brown to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Medical Massage Therapy Courses
- CIS 105: Introduction to Computer Technology (3 credits)
- ENG 101: English I (4 credits)
- MA 104: Introduction to Medical Terminology (4 credits)
- MA 106: Medical Terminology (4 credits)
- MA 107: Human Biological Systems (4 credits)
- MT 101: Foundations of Massage Therapy (4 credits)
- MT 110: Swedish Massage (3 credits)
- MT 120: Deep Tissue Massage (3 credits)
- MT 125: Pharmacology for Massage Therapy (4 credits)
- MT 200: Upper Kinesiology (3 credits)
- MT 205: Lower Kinesiology (3 credits)
- MT 220: Clinical Massage (3 credits)
- MT 225: Clinical Pathology for Massage Therapy (4 credits)
- MT 230: Business Practices for the Massage Career (4 credits)
- MT 241: Spa Therapies (3 credits)
- MT 245: Ethics for Massage Therapy Professionals (2 credits)
- MT 250: Massage Therapy Clinic (4 credits)
- MT 251: Massage Therapy Review (2 credits)
Professional Studies Courses
- PD 103: Professional Development (2 credits)
- PS 102: Investment in Success (4 credits)
Graduates of the Diploma in Massage Therapy program at Sanford-Brown could seek employment at a variety of physical wellness facilities, such as chiropractic offices, hospitals, spas, and rehabilitation centers. Entry-level positions that graduates may choose to pursue include:
- Massage therapist
- Massage practitioner
- Physical therapy assistant
Sanford-Brown does not guarantee employment or salary. Registration #03-07-1680T