BS in Data Analytics
Those interested in seeking a career helping companies analyze and manage data information processes and technologies are introduced to the foundational skills needed to pursue this professional goal when they study in the Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics program. Read on for more information about this Southern New Hampshire University online bachelor's degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
It could be helpful for prospective students of the Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics program to have a background in computers and math and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics program can help students acquire the business expertise, technical abilities, and practical skills needed to help organizations utilize data analytics to innovate their practices, products, and processes. The curriculum is designed to cover the entire lifecycle of data analytics initiatives, ranging from consulting stakeholders on data opportunities to delivering presentations of their recommendations, and includes current case studies relevant to many industries, including health care, operational management, and government. Additional course topics likely to be addressed include data patterns and mining strategies, business data analysis, technical writing, and database integration and management processes. Students will also complete a collaborative data analysis project and assemble a portfolio showcasing work that reflects their understanding of concepts discussed in this program.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics:
Data Analytics Core Courses
- MAT 225: Calculus I: Single-Variable Calculus
- MAT 300: Applied Statistics II: Regression Analysis
- IT 145: Foundation in Application Development
- Students choose one of the following:
- DAT 215: Introduction to SAS
- DAT 220: Introduction to SQL
- DAT 334: Oracle SQL Fundamentals
- QSO 320: Management Science through Spreadsheets
- IT 204: Intro to Data and Information Management
- DAT 210: Foundations of Data Analytics
- IT 330: Database Design and Management
- DAT 220: Fundamentals of Data Mining
- DAT 310: Data Analytics I
- IT 328: Project Management in Information Technology
- DAT 320: Data Analytics II
- DAT 410: Decision Support Presentation
- DAT 490: Capstone in Data Analytics
Students choose any three Database Administration, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or Quantitative Studies/Operations Management courses at the 200-level or higher or the following three courses:
- BUS 206: Business Law I
- COM 227: Public Relations
- COM 310: Social Media
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take MAT 240 and IT 210 as General Education requirements.)
- 24 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Once they have successfully completed Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics program, graduates could continue to build their technical and administrative skills by entering a master's degree program. A master's degree could be essential for advancement to managerial or directorial positions in this field. Master's degrees include:
- Master of Science in Analytics
- MBA in Business Intelligence
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics program could begin to explore entry-level or perhaps mid-management opportunities in the IT departments of nearly any type of industry. They might also seek employment in technical consulting firms. They could oversee areas of data mining, storage, retrieval, or technical support.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Business Analyst
- Analytics Manager
- Data Warehouse Manager