AA in Acquisition and Contract Management
Individuals who enroll in Strayer University's Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management program have the opportunity to take general education courses while examining professional procurement strategies. Continue reading for more information regarding this online business program.
Official Program Name:
Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management
School Offering Program:
Interested individuals may be excellent oral and written communicators. They may also be analytical and possess a knack for understanding and evaluating data. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
The Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management program is designed to provide students with general knowledge of business as well as financial recording and budgetary practices. The curriculum is intended to teach participants purchasing and inventory management theories. In addition, students have the opportunity to examine the Federal Acquisition Regulation, which contains the principles adhered to for government contracting. Other topics designed to be integrated to the program include Web-based business practices, pricing strategies, quality assurance, and cost-versus-profit analysis.
Online and Campus-Based
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I - Core Component (22.5 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II - Major Component (36 credits)
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- BUS 230: Purchasing and Materials Management
- BUS 315: Cost and Price Analysis
- BUS 319: Principles of Federal Acquisition and Contract Management
- BUS 330: Contract Administration and Management
- BUS 340: Contract and Purchasing Negotiation Techniques
- BUS 375: Project Management
- LEG 440: Procurement and Contract Law
Area III - General Studies Component (22.5 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction Physical Science OR SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
Area IV - Elective Component (9 credits)
These courses are selected in consultation with an academic advisor.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management program could go on to pursue a bachelor's degree. Participating in a bachelor's degree program could allow students to gain knowledge of advanced business theories, laws, and methods. It could also provide individuals with the opportunity to develop managerial proficiency. Those who decide to enroll in a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program may be able to apply their associate's degree credits toward the BBA major.
Other higher-level degrees that graduates could decide to work toward include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
The Associate in Arts in Acquisition and Contract Management program is designed to provide participants with business negotiation and decision-making skills. Graduates could be able to find opportunities within private or public sectors. Furthermore, individuals who are already employed may be able to take on additional workplace duties.
Entry-level job titles that graduates could be able to seek include:
- Business-to-business sales professional
- Assistant purchasing agent
- Administrative service manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!