Administration and Supervision Certificate
Seasoned educators who want to expand their knowledge and go on to become licensed principals might consider enrolling in the University of Phoenix Administration and Supervision Certificate program. Read on for program and curriculum information.
Official Program Name:
Administration and Supervision Certificate
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
People interested in the Administration and Supervision Certificate program at University of Phoenix should possess strong leadership and communication skills. Equally important are interpersonal skills and the ability to formulate creative solutions. Applicants to University of Phoenix programs should have earned at least a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
The University of Phoenix Administration and Supervision Certificate program is intended to provide educators with access to the tools and knowledge they'll need to move beyond the classroom and into school leadership. Public school principals in most states are required to have school administrator licenses, and students who graduate from this program may be qualified to pass their state's licensing examinations. The Administration and Supervision Certificate program is theory and practice-based. It places particular emphasis on organizational management, technology management, and instructional leadership, and it includes a field experience component.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and Campus-Based
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
31 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid may be available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for an Administration and Supervision Certificate
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (31 credits)
- EDA 500CA: Orientation to Administration and Supervision (0 credits)
- COM 516: Professional Communications (1 credit)
- EDA 518CA: Leadership and Collaborative Processes (3 credits)
- EDA 570CA: Equity, Diversity, and Access in Education (3 credits)
- EDA 555CA: School Policy and Law for Principals (3 credits)
- EDA 524CA: Supervision of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (3 credits)
- EDA 594ACA: Administrative Practicum Part I: Instructional Leadership (1 credit)
- EDA 528CA: Administration of Special Programs (3 credits)
- EDA 535CA: Business and Facilities Management (3 credits)
- EDA 560CA: Human Resources Leadership and Management (3 credits)
- EDA 594BCA: Administrative Practicum Part II: Organizational Management (1 credit)
- EDA 575CA: Family, Community, and Media Relations (3 credits)
- EDA 565CA: School Improvement Processes (3 credits)
- EDA 594CCA: Principal Practicum Part III: Professional Perspectives and Reflective Practice (1 credit)
Furthering Your Education:
Program graduates could be interested in continuing their studies by pursuing doctorate degrees. With such advanced education, learners can develop the necessary skills to manage universities and colleges. The University of Phoenix offers the following doctoral-level programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership with specializations in:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Technology
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.