BS in Business - Administration
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Administration program is designed to teach students foundational skills in management and business strategy. Read more about the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Administration program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration* in Administration
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Individuals interested in enrolling in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Administration program should have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Applicants may be current business professionals who seek a degree or others who desire professional or managerial positions.
The Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Administration program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills needed for effective business and organizational practices. Business majors have the chance to gain an understanding of marketing, accounting, and economic theories and applications. They also have the opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills. Additionally, the program is designed to underscore critical-thinking abilities through the integration of applied research courses.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
The administration concentration consists of 15 credit hours, and the business foundation consists of 9 credits hours. Students must also satisfy general education and elective requirements to meet the 120 credit minimum (124 for Kansas students) necessary to earn a degree.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
*Maryland residents completing this program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Administration.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Administration:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 200: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success (3 credits)
- BCOM 275: Business Communications and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- BIS 220: Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 230: Management Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- ACC 290: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 291: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
- RES 351: Business Research (3 credits)
- ETH 316: Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- MGT 311: Organization Development (3 credits)
- ECO 365: Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECO 372: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- LAW 421: Contemporary Business Law (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- QNT 351: Quantitative Analysis for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
Administration concentration courses
- ACC 400: Accounting for Decision Making (3 credits)
- MGT 448: Global Business Strategies (3 credits)
- BSB/A Concentration Electives
- ACC 340: Accounting Information Systems I (3 credits)
- BSA 375: Fundamentals of Business Systems Development (3 credits)
- EBUS 405: E-Business technologies (3 credits)
- ISCOM 472: Lean Enterprise (3 credits)
- MKT 441: Marketing Research (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Administration program may decide to pursue a graduate degree. Individuals who earn a master's degree could be able to seek additional workplace responsibilities or more advanced opportunities in the field.
Master's degree options for graduates include but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management