BS in Business - Small Business Mgmt & Entrepreneurship
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship program is designed for aspiring small business owners and entrepreneurs. Learn more about the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship here.
To speak to an enrollment counselor, please call 1-877-619-2631
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration* in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Applicants to this undergraduate business degree program with a concentration in small business management and entrepreneurship need not have prior experience in either of these fields. However, high school courses that strengthen problem-solving and decision-making skills are beneficial.
The Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship program is designed to examine concepts such as accounting, critical thinking and decision-making, finance, business law, management, marketing, organization behavior, research and evaluation, and technology. Students also have the chance to learn about small business planning, financial management, and integrated business topics on entrepreneurship and small business management. Students can choose to develop their skills with in the concentration by studying advanced concepts in small business marketing, leadership, family business management, operations management, and business law for entrepreneurs.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
The total program length is 120 credits (124 for Kansas students). Students complete 63 credits in the major, including 18 small business management and entrepreneurship credits.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
*Maryland residents completing this program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 200: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success (3 credits)
- BCOM 275: Business Communications and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- BIS 220: Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 230: Management Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- ACC 290: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 291: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
- RES 351: Business Research (3 credits)
- ETH 316: Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- MGT 311: Organizational Development (3 credits)
- ECO 372: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- LAW 421: Contemporary Business Law (3 credits)
- ECO 365: Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- QNT 351: Quantitative Analysis for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
Small business concentration courses
- MGT 401: The Small Business: Structure, Planing and Funding (3 credits)
- MGT 418: Evaluating New Business Opportunities (3 credits)
- FIN 375: Financial Management in Small Business (3 credits)
- MKT 431: Small Business Marketing (3 credits)
- MGT 465: Small Business and Entrepreneurial Planning (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the University of Phoenix BS in Business - Small Business Mgmt & Entrepreneurship program can learn additional business concepts and skills through master's degree programs. Students could choose to earn a general Master of Business Administration degree or select a concentration in small business management.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (http://hlcommission.org). Since 1978, University of Phoenix has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor. University of Phoenix obtained its most recent 10-year Reaffirmation of Accreditation in 2012-13. A comprehensive evaluation is scheduled for 2016-17, and the next Reaffirmation of Accreditation is scheduled for 2022-23. For more information about University of Phoenix accreditations and licensures, please visit http://www.phoenix.edu/about_us/accreditation.html.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
© 2015 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.