BS in Business - Management
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Management program is designed to provide students with a theoretical, practical, and strategic foundation in general business and administrative methods. Read more about the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration* in Management
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Individuals interested in enrolling in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Management program should have a high school diploma or its equivalent. While not required, applicants may already be business professionals; those who are inexperienced may have an interest working with or leading others within a professional setting.
The Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Management curriculum is intended to teach individuals concepts and skills in financial analysis, economics, and marketing. The program is also designed to introduce concepts in small and large group communications, research, ethics, and statistical analysis. Through the integration of practical business scenarios, program participants have the chance to develop critical-thinking and decision-making skills. Furthermore, within the management specialization, students have the opportunity to study workplace regulations, personnel administration practices, global business strategies, negotiation techniques, and quality management methods.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
The management concentration consists of 18 credits. The business foundation consists of a 45-credit required course of study. Students must also satisfy general education and elective requirements to meet the 120 semester-credit minimums (124 for Kansas students) necessary to earn a degree.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
*Maryland residents completing this program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Management.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 300: Skills for Professional Development (3 credits)
- ECO 212: Principles of Economics (3 credits)
- BIS 219: Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 216: Organizational Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- ACC 280: Principles of Accounting (3 credits)
- COM 285: Business Communications (3 credits)
- MGT 330: Management: Theory, Practice, and Application (3 credits)
- MGT 307: Organizational Behavior and Group Dynamics (3 credits)
- MGT 350: Critical Thinking: Strategies in Decision Making (3 credits)
- RES 341: Research and Evaluation I (3 credits)
- RES 342: Research and Evaluation II (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 415: Business Law (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
- MGT 431: Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- MGT 445: Organizational Negotiations (3 credits)
- MGT 448: Global Business Strategies (3 credits)
- MGT 449: Quality Management and Productivity (3 credits)
- MGT 498: Strategic Management (3 credits)
- Students choose one elective course from the following list:
- MGT 308: Managing Diversity (3 credits)
- MGT 309: Organizational Development (3 credits)
- MGT 317: Critical Skills in Management (3 credits)
- MGT 360: Green and Sustainable Enterprise Management (3 credits)
- MGT 380: Organizational Change Management (3 credits)
- OI 361: Innovation, Design, and Creativity for a Competitive Advantage (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Individuals who have graduated from University of Phoenix with a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Management may decide to work toward a master's degree. Earning a master's degree could allow students to learn more about business, management, and leadership. A graduate degree may also help qualify individuals for new employment ventures or additional workplace responsibilities.
Master's degrees that program graduates could pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management