BS in Business - Marketing
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing program have the opportunity to study common theories and practices for working in organizational settings, as well as promotional business strategies. Continue reading for more information regarding the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration* in Marketing
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Individuals interested in enrolling in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing program should have graduated from high school or earned a GED. Applicants may be interested in management, sales, public relations, or advertising.
The Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing program is designed to provide students with foundational knowledge of business principles and organizational skills. Participants also have the opportunity to study issues pertaining to accounting, critical thinking and decision-making, finance, business law, management, marketing, organizational behavior, research and evaluation, and technology. The marketing curriculum integrates topics such as global marketing, product pricing, and buyer behavior, and students have the chance to develop oral and written communication skills and research abilities.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Students must complete 15 credits of marketing courses. Students take additional general education and elective courses to meet the 120 semester credit minimums (124 for Kansas students) necessary to earn a degree.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
*Maryland residents completing this program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Marketing.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Marketing:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 200: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success (3 credits)
- BCOM 275: Business Communications and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- BIS 220: Introduction to Computer Applications (3 credits)
- MGT 230: Management Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- ACC 290: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 291: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
- RES 351: Business Research (3 credits)
- ETH 316: Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- MGT 311: Organizational Development (3 credits)
- ECO 370: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- LAW 421: Contemporary Business Law (3 credits)
- ECO 365: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- QNT 351: Quantitative Analysis for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
Marketing concentration courses
- MKT 435: Consumer Behavior (3 credits)
- MKT 498: Integrated Marketing Strategies (3 credits)
- BSB/MKT Concentration Electives:
- COM 340: Mass Communication (3 credits)
- COM 400: Media and Society (3 credits)
- MKT 438: Public Relations (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Individuals who graduate from University of Phoenix with a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing could go on to earn a master's degree. Earning an advanced degree may qualify individuals for added workplace duties or expanded employment opportunities. A master's program may also better prepare students for supervisory positions that require leadership experience or advanced marketing knowledge.
Sample master's degrees that a graduate could work toward include, but are not limited to, a:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management