The University of Phoenix Master of Information Systems program is designed for students who would like to learn more about technology and business systems. Read more about the University of Phoenix Master of Information Systems program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Information Systems
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Master of Information Systems
Prospective students are required to hold a bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on the undergraduate degree posted transcript, a minimum equivalent of three years of post-high school work or volunteer experience with exposure to organizational systems and management processes, and be currently employed or have access to a suitable work environment.
Students enrolled in the University of Phoenix Master of Information Systems program have the opportunity to learn from practitioner faculty who have real-world experience in the field of information systems and technology. Students learn about different types of business systems, such as accounting, marketing, and finance systems. They also learn about software programs, computer applications, and common types of networks.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
36 - 42 credits
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Information Systems:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- CIS 568: Information Systems Concepts (3 credits)
- CSS 562: Programming Concepts (3 credits)
- CMGT 530: IT Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- BSA 500: Business Systems I (3 credits)
- BSA 502: Business Systems II (3 credits)
- CMGT 554: IT Infrastructure (3 credits)
- CMGT 555: Systems Analysis and Development (3 credits)
- CMGT 556: Enterprise Models (3 credits)
- CMGT 557: Emerging Technologies & Issues (3 credits)
- DBM 502: Database Management (3 credits)
- CMGT 575: CIS Project Management (3 credits)
- CMGT 578: CIS Strategic Management (3 credits)
- CMGT 582: Security & Ethics (3 credits)
- CMGT 583: IS Integration (3 credits)