MA in Psychology, Organizational Leadership
University of the Rockies offers the Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program for individuals who wish to enhance their leadership skills through applied psychology. Read more about how the Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program can help students prepare for senior management opportunities.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization
School Offering Program:
University of the Rockies; School of Organizational Leadership
Applicants to the Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program should have an interest in understanding human behavior and leading organizational change through applied psychology and research. Applicants to University of the Rockies programs must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or a master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Students entering with a bachelor's degree earned with a grade point average of 2.00 to 2.99 will be placed on Academic Watch. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program at University of the Rockies have the opportunity to study social psychology, psychopathology in the workplace, and theories and techniques of counseling and psychotherapy. Coursework covers organizational theory and the factors impacting organizational structure and performance, social capital, leading organizational change, and international leadership for culturally diverse workforces. Students can also learn about research design, statistics, applied research, and the use of qualitative and quantitative research techniques to diagnose organizational structure and performance.
Online and Denver
Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. Aid opportunities include scholarships, federal financial aid programs, and veterans benefits programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of the Rockies to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ORG 6300: Human Development (3 credits)
- ORG 5270: Mental Health & Psychopathology in the Workplace (3 credits)
- ORG 6530: Theories & Techniques of Counseling & Psychotherapy (3 credits)
- ORG 6499: Cultural Diversity and Individual Differences (3 credits)
- ORG 5400: Statistics & Research Design (3 credits)
- ORG 6405: Applied Research Methods (3 credits)
- ORG 6520: Professional Ethics, Standards of Practice & Law (3 credits)*
- ORG 5520: Social Psychology (3 credits)
- ORG 6503: Organizational Theory & Systems (3 credits)
- ORG 6515: Social Capital (Networking in Organizations) (3 credits)
- ORG 6505: Diagnosing Organizations (3 credits)
- ORG 6506: Leading Organizational Change (3 credits)
- ORG 6525: International Leadership (3 credits)
* This course may not be transferred in.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program may choose to enter the workforce upon completion of the program, or they may wish to continue their training with a doctorate degree. University of the Rockies offers several related degree programs which graduates may be interested in, including:
- Doctor of Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization
- Doctor of Psychology, Business Psychology Specialization
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Development and Leadership
The Master of Arts in Psychology, Organizational Leadership Specialization program is intended to prepare students to pursue supervisory or management positions in businesses, corporations, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. Graduates of the program may be interested in seeking positions such as:
- Industrial-organizational psychologist
- Human resources specialist
- Training and development specialist
- Labor relations specialist
- Market research analyst
- Postsecondary education administrators
- General or operations manager
- Administrative services manager
Special Terms and Conditions: The Organizational Leadership Specialization in the Master of Arts in Psychology is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional. University of the Rockies does not represent that this program meets certification or licensure requirements in any state. It is the student's responsibility to review any state certification or licensure requirements in their intended field of employment.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!