MS in Film Production
The Master of Fine Arts in Film Production program was developed for aspiring professionals who want to discover strategies and production planning procedures for creating high-quality films. Read on for further information about this Full Sail University program.
Official Program Name:
Master of Fine Arts in Film Production
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Master of Fine Arts
Film production degree programs are designed to explore the process of film production from the beginning stages through completion. The Master of Fine Arts in Film Production program is intended to focus on the technology and art of filmmaking. Individuals who enroll in this Full Sail University program could be able to learn foundational aspects of the profession, including visual aesthetics, storytelling, cinematography, and soundtrack editing. While studying the practice and theory of film production, students could learn the responsibilities of the film director and the filmmaking crew. Students will also be given opportunities to develop their own film scripts throughout the course of the program.
Online and Campus-Based
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Fine Arts in Film Production:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- Mastery: Personal Development & Leadership (3 credits)
- Filmmaking Concepts & Practices ( 5 credits)
- Script Production & Analysis (5 credits)
- Directing Talent (5 credits)
- Experimental Filmmaking (5 credits)
- Visual Storytelling Techniques & Technology (5 credits)
- Film Production Thesis I: Pre-Production (5 credits)
- Film Production Thesis II: Production (5 credits)
- Entertainment & Communication Law (5 credits)
- Film Production Thesis III: Post-Production (5 credits)
- Film Production Thesis IV: Film Assembly (5 credits)
- Business of Film (5 credits)
With knowledge of the technologies involved in the pre- and post-production phases of filmmaking, graduates could have acquired the skills needed to pursue professional opportunities. In addition to having developed a level of expertise in lighting and staging film scenes, program participants could have gained an understanding of the business side of the motion picture industry. Graduates of the Master of Fine Arts in Film Production program might follow career paths such as:
- Film & video editor
- Television & motion picture camera operator
- Television, film, or radio director
- Broadcast technician
- Media & communication equipment specialist
- Audio & video equipment technician
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!