BA Communications with concentration in New Media
The Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media program offered by Southern New Hampshire University is geared towards students who want to learn how to incorporate digital media, social media, and other new technologies in communication campaigns. Read on to learn more about this online bachelor's degree.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Prospective students may have an interest in computers, emerging technology, graphic design, and communications. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Students enrolled in Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media program learn about using new, or digital, media within communications campaigns. The courses include hands-on experience with current technologies and help students to understand the strategic uses of various mediums. Students can learn about social media, including blogs, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as various marketing strategies to use with them. Other courses help students learn about the role of new media in today's society and writing content for new media platforms. Other required courses cover basic graphic design, organizational communications, public speaking, and business communication.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media:
Required Major Courses
- ENG 220: Business Communication
- COM 126: Introduction to Mass Communication
- COM 212: Public Speaking
- COM 227: Public Relations
- COM 230: Graphics and Layout in Print Media
- COM 235: Introduction to Journalism
- COM 310: Social Media
- COM 430: Organizational Communications
- Students select two of the following:
- GRA 310: Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- HIS 114: United States History II: 1865-Present
- POL 210: American Politics
- PSY 257: Social Psychology
- SCI 219: Environmental Issues
- SOC 328: Sociology of Aging
New Media Concentration Courses
- COM 315: Communication in the Digital Age
- COM 329: New Media Technologies
- COM 445: Writing for New Media
- MKT 355: Social Media Marketing Strategy
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
- 33 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Students who have completed Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media program may decide to pursue a master's degree. Graduate-level programs may allow students to gain advanced communications and management skills as well as to further their knowledge in a specialization area. A graduate degree may also be needed for advanced communications or management positions. Some master's degree graduates could consider include:
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in Communication - New Media and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing
- Master of Business Administration in Social Media Marketing
- Master of Business Administration in Internet Marketing
After completing the Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in New Media program offered by SNHU, graduates could seek employment in a variety of communications-related companies. Potential employers could include advertising and public relations agencies, publishers, graphic design firms, and business communications companies. They might also apply to positions in the corporate communication department of various businesses and organizations
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!