BA Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation
Southern New Hampshire University offers an online Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts program with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation that prepares students to create visual content for websites, video games, movies, and more. Continue reading to learn more about this online bachelor's degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Students considering this bachelor's degree program should have some computer and technology skills as well as an interest in creating visual content for various types of media. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
SNHU's Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation is designed to help students develop their design skills and use industry-standard software. Core courses teach students about desktop publishing, color theory, digital imaging, and typography. The concentration courses allow students to study digital sculpting, character animation, 3D modeling, and interactive animation. Students also get the chance to learn how to work with programs like Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk, and Mudbox. This program also includes a portfolio course where students can develop digital and print portfolios that showcase their design work.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation:
Required Major Courses
- COM 212: Public Speaking
- HIS: One history course at the 300 level or higher
- FAS: One humanities course at the 300 level or higher
- COM 128: Language and Practice of Media Arts
- COM 230: Graphics and Layout in Print Media
- COM 232: Desktop Publishing
- GRA 101: Basic Design and Color Theory
- GRA 220: Introduction to Digital Imaging
- GRA 310: Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- GRA 340: Typography
- GRA 410: Advanced Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- GRA 420: Advanced Digital Imaging
- GRA 491: Graphic Design Portfolio
- Select one of the following courses:
- FAS 320: History of Design
- FAS 326: History of Photography
3D Modeling and Animation Concentration Courses
- GRA 201: Intro to Digital Sculpting
- GRA 202: 3-D Modeling and Animation
- GRA 211: Interactive Animation
- GRA 212: 3-D Character Animation
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
- 21 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
After completing the Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts program with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation, graduates who aspire to advanced design or management positions may wish to continue their education though a graduate program. Master's degree program options include:
- Master of Arts in Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Digital Media
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Game Design & Development
Students who have completed SNHU's BA in Graphic Design and Media Arts program with concentration in 3D Modeling and Animation could be prepared for a variety of design and 3D modeling careers. These jobs may be found in the publishing, advertising, game arts, and manufacturing industries.