BA in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in Web Design
The Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design program offered by Southern New Hampshire University prepares students to design artistic, yet functional and practical, websites. Learn more about the fully online degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Prospective students considering the Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design program at SNHU may already have some artistic abilities as well as an interest in graphic design and the digital arts. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
SNHU's Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design program allows students to develop their web design skills while also receiving an education in the traditional graphic arts and digital mediums. Core courses teach students about graphics, typography, prototyping, digital imaging, layouts, and desktop publishing, among other topics. This program also includes concentration courses that allow students to focus on designing animations for the web, user interfaces, digital publishing, and multiplatform design. Students in this program also complete a portfolio class where they create both digital and print portfolios that demonstrate their skills in graphic design and media arts.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify in the forms of loans, scholarships, and grants. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design:
Required Major Courses
- COM 212: Public Speaking
- HIS: One history course at the 300 level or higher
- FAS: One humanities course at the 300 level or higher
- COM 128: Language and Practice of Media Arts
- COM 230: Graphics and Layout in Print Media
- COM 232: Desktop Publishing
- GRA 101: Basic Design and Color Theory
- GRA 220: Introduction to Digital Imaging
- GRA 310: Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- GRA 340: Typography
- GRA 410: Advanced Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- GRA 420: Advanced Digital Imaging
- GRA 491: Graphic Design Portfolio
- Select one of the following courses:
- FAS 320: History of Design
- FAS 326: History of Photography
Web Design Courses
- GRA 332: Digital Publishing
- GRA 431: Interactive Animation for the Web
- GRA 451: Advanced Multiplatform Design
- GRA 470: User Interface and Experience
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must FAS 226 as General Education requirements.)
- 21 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Students who have completed the Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design program at SNHU could decide to further their education and increase their design skills through a graduate program. A master's degree could also help them prepare for management-level or advanced design positions.
After earning the Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with a concentration in Web Design from Southern New Hampshire University, graduates could seek employment in a variety of graphic design positions where web design skills are needed. They could consider positions in advertising or public relations firms, manufacturing companies, specialized design services, or even book or newspaper publishers.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!