BS Business Administration with concentration in Healthcare Administration
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration is designed for professionals seeking a degree with both a foundation in business and a focus on the healthcare industry. Learn more about this online bachelor's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Students considering applying to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration program may be interested in securing an administrative role within a healthcare organization. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Students enrolled in Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration gain a foundation in basic business skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry. Student can study healthcare delivery options, economics, quality management, and human resources. The coursework also covers management strategies for healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement, healthcare laws and ethics, and research and evaluation methods.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify in the forms of loans, scholarships, and grants. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration:
- HCM 320: Healthcare Economics
- OL 211: Human Resource Management
- OL 215: Principles of Management
- OL 326: Social Environment of Business
- OL 342: Organizational Behavior
Healthcare Administration Concentration Courses
- HCM 340: Healthcare Delivery Systems
- HCM 345: Healthcare Reimbursement
- IHP 430: Healthcare Quality Management
- IHP 420: Ethical and Legal Considerations of Healthcare
- HCM 440: Healthcare Research and Evaluation Methodologies
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take ECO 201, ECO 202, and MAT 240 as part of their General Education Courses.)
Business Core Courses
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- BUS 206: Business Law I
- FIN 320: Principles of Finance
- INT 113: Introduction to International Business
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- MKT 113: Introduction to Marketing
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- OL 421: Strategic Management and Policy
- QSO 300: Operations Management
- 15 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Students who aspire to leadership or upper management positions in the healthcare sector may want to consider enrolling in a graduate program. Master's degree programs can offer students in-depth training in the finances, operation, and management of healthcare organizations.
Master's degree options include:
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Management
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Administration could be prepare to seek administrative or management careers within the fast-growing healthcare industry. They could consider jobs within hospitals, physician's offices, clinics, health insurance companies, long-term care facilities, or government health organizations.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!