Do you want to go to school near Renton, Washington? You can learn about which schools are closest to the city center, which schools are the largest, which schools have the lowest net price and which schools have the highest graduation rates, based off of information from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Renton, Washington
Because Renton is located very close to Seattle, there is no shortage of schools in the area. The five closest options are both public and private colleges and universities that offer varying degree levels not far away.
- University of Phoenix-Washington (3.1 miles from the city center)
- Renton Technical College (3.6 miles from the city center)
- Highline College (6.2 miles from the city center)
- South Seattle College (8.4 miles from the city center)
- DeVry University-Washington (10.7 miles from the city center)
Largest Schools Near Renton, Washington
If you want to attend a school with a large student population, there is a public 4-year university with more than 45,000 students about 14 miles away from Renton. The next four largest schools are mid-size institutions, with only one being a 2-year community college.
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus (45,408 students)
- Bellevue College (13,398 students)
- Edmonds Community College (8,571 students)
- Green River College (8,153 students)
- Seattle University (7,405 students)
Lowest Net Price
Net price is calculated by deducting the average financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. According to the NCES, these were the five most affordable schools in the Renton area, as of the 2014-2015 school year.
- Seattle Central College ($3,783 per year)
- North Seattle College ($5,011 per year)
- Renton Technical College ($5,812 per year)
- Bates Technical College ($6,100 per year)
- Olympic College ($6,130 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines the graduation rate for a school based on the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who finish their chosen programs within 150% of the normal completion time. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, the five Renton-area schools with the highest graduation rates all had rates of at least seventy percent.
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus (84%)
- Seattle University (79%)
- University of Puget Sound (78%)
- Seattle Pacific University (71%)
- University of Washington-Bothell Campus (70%)
Overall, there many colleges and universities that meet some of the most important criteria, such as cost and size, for prospective students searching for a school in Renton, Michigan.