The area of Ruston, LA, is home to a selection of schools that can help students meet a diverse range of educational goals. Students seeking an education in this area can explore comparisons of the traditional schools near Ruston, using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), to help make their decision.
Closest Schools to Ruston, Louisiana
The majority of schools near Ruston are less than 2-year specialty schools. However, there are a few traditional 4-year and a couple 2-year institutions available.
- Louisiana Tech University (0.6 miles from downtown)
- Grambling State University (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Career Technical College-Monroe (31.3 miles from downtown)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (32.9 miles from downtown)
- Louisiana Delta Community College (34.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Ruston, Louisiana
The largest schools near Ruston are all public institutions. The three large, 4-year schools in the area offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Louisiana Tech University (12,371 students)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (8,804 students)
- Grambling State University (4,541 students)
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College (2,924 students)
- Louisiana Delta Community College (2,080 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by in-state, full-time undergrad students from the total cost to attend the school. The net price figures reported in this category are provided by the NCES and apply to the 2014-2015 school year. At that time, the least expensive traditional school near Ruston had a net price of about $8,000.
- University of Louisiana at Monroe ($7,912)
- Louisiana Tech University ($8,905)
- Louisiana Delta Community College ($9,173)
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College ($9,840)
- Grambling State University ($17,051)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES also calculates schools' graduation rates by determining the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. six years to complete a bachelor's degree program). Most of the traditional schools in the area had rates below 50%; the lowest rate was just 17% for 2015.
- Louisiana Tech University (52% graduation rate)
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College (42% graduation rate)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (41% graduation rate)
- Grambling State University (35% graduation rate)
- Career Technical College-Monroe (30% graduation rate)
Even with only a handful of traditional schools to choose from, students near Ruston, LA, can find some variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates to meet their needs.