Students looking at trade and vocational schools in San Antonio have a number of options to choose from, including a business school, a culinary institute and a handful of public, 2-year colleges. Using information compiled by the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES), we will be able to compare these schools in several categories that might influence your decision when choosing a school.
Closest Schools to San Antonio, TX
Due to San Antonio being such a large metropolitan area, there are a number of trade schools and vocational schools available. Below are a few of the schools located in San Antonio.
- The Healthcare Institute (located in downtown San Antonio)
- Vogue College of Cosmetology - San Antonio Fredericksburg (located in downtown San Antonio)
- San Antonio College (2.7 miles from downtown San Antonio)
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology (2.7 miles from downtown San Antonio)
- Everest Institute- San Antonio (2.8 miles from downtown San Antonio)
Largest Schools Near San Antonio, TX
The size of the student body may be critical for your consideration for a school if you value networking or building connections amongst a diverse group of students. Here are the trade and vocational schools with the largest student populations in the San Antonio region.
- San Antonio College (20,640 students)
- Northwest Vista College (16,656 students)
- St. Philip's College (11,198 students)
- Galen College of Nursing (1,129 students)
- Concorde Career College (580 students)
Lowest Net Price
The total cost of attending a college may be another top concern for aspiring students. The NCES determines a college's net price by subtracting the total government or institutional financial aid a full-time, undergraduate student receives from the total cost of attending the college. College costs in San Antonio in 2014-2015 range from around $2,00 to nearly $30,000.
- The Healthcare Institute ($2,082)
- Mims Classic Beauty College ($4,516)
- St. Phillip's College ($6,349)
- Northwest Vista College ($6,744)
- San Antonio College ($6,843)
Highest Graduation Rate
Prior to choosing a college or trade school, a student may want to know its success rate, which can be determined by its graduation rate. NCES graduation rates are determined by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of the normal time it takes to complete a degree program.
- The Healthcare Institute (83%)
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology (83%)
- Lamson Institute (83%)
- Brightwood College - San Antonio-San Pedro (79%)
- Concorde Career College - San Antonio (77%)
To conclude, San Antonio is a great option for prospective students who would like to attend a trade or vocational school due to its diverse selection of schools in the region. There are a number of schools with low tuition costs and high graduation rates, as well as schools within close proximity to the city center, depending on your educational needs.