The following pertains to colleges and universities near San Leandro, California. Read about school populations, graduation rates, and net costs, with data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to San Leandro, California
There are at least five non-specialty schools within seven miles of downtown San Leandro. That group is comprised of three colleges and two universities. If you are interested in being located in or near San Leandro while pursuing your education, look into the following options:
- Mills College (located 4.6 miles from downtown)
- Holy Names University (located 5.0 miles from downtown)
- Merritt College (located 5.0 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University - San Francisco Bay Area (located 6.3 miles from downtown)
- College of Alameda (located 6.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near San Leandro, California
The five most populous schools near San Leandro are found within a 21-mile radius. These five schools had more than 16,000 students for the 2014-2015 year. For those looking to study alongside many colleagues, consider the following choices:
- University of California - Berkeley (38,189 students; 27,496 undergraduates)
- San Francisco State University (30,256 students; 26,906 undergraduates)
- City College of San Francisco (23,391 students, all undergraduates)
- Diablo Valley College (19,694 students, all undergraduates)
- Stanford University (16,980 students; 7,000 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Fifteen institutions near San Leandro had net costs below $10,000 for 2014-2015. The three lowest net prices are found within a 17-mile radius. The NCES determines these costs by taking the total program cost for full-time undergraduates and subtracting the average financial aid they receive.
- College of San Mateo ($4,800)
- City College of San Francisco ($4,849)
- Skyline College ($5,022)
- Las Positas College ($5,712)
- Foothill College ($5,929)
Highest Graduation Rates
Two schools near San Leandro had graduation rates higher than 90% in 2015. The NCES determines these percentages by counting the full-time undergraduates who finish their studies in 150% of the typical time frame.
- Stanford University (94% graduation rate)
- University of California - Berkeley (92% graduation rate)
- Saint Mary's College of California (71% graduation rate)
- University of San Francisco (71% graduation rate)
- Mills College (65% graduation rate)
For prospective students who are seeking schools with large populations, strong graduation rates, and low net costs, there are multiple options near San Leandro, California.