Are you interested in attending a college or university near Santa Monica, California? Read about the most centrally located schools, those with the largest student populations, selections with the highest graduation rates, and school with the lowest net cost per year using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Santa Monica, California
There is a good mix of public and private institutions located in or around downtown Santa Monica. Two of the schools offer certificates and Associate's degrees, while the remaining three schools offer undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Santa Monica College (located 1.2 miles from downtown)
- University of California (3.4 miles from downtown)
- Mount Saint Mary's University (3.8 miles from downtown)
- Antioch University (4.9 miles from downtown)
- West Los Angeles College (4.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Santa Monica, California
There are a number of large institutions in the Santa Monica area. The three largest are four-year universities and their student population figures are based on numbers from Fall 2009. The fourth and fifth largest schools are community colleges, and their student population figures are from Fall 2012.
- University of Southern California (43,401)
- University of California - Los Angeles (41,908 students)
- California State University - Northridge (41,548 students)
- East Los Angeles College (37,188 students)
- Santa Monica College (30,615 students)
Lowest Net Price
In this list, you will find out which schools in the Santa Monica area have the lowest net price for the school year 2014-2015. The NCES determined the figure for each school by assessing how much full-time undergraduate students received in financial aid per year on average and subtracting that figure from the total cost of attendance.
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Pasadena City College ($6,544)
- Los Angeles City College ($6,621)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates are often an important factor in selecting a school. The rate of graduation is calculated by assessing the number of full-time undergraduate students who complete their program of study within 150% of the normal time for completion. This list includes information on schools near Santa Monica, California for the year 2015.
- University of Southern California (92%)
- University of California - Los Angeles (91%)
- California Institute of Technology (91%)
- Occidental College (88%)
- Pepperdine University (84%)
With the information on student populations, net costs, graduation rates, and location, you'll have more information to make a decision on which Santa Monica, California school you'd like to attend.