In this article, we specifically focus on the more traditional public and private schools near Santa Rosa that offer more than a few areas of study. Readers can then see these schools ranked in the categories below using data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Santa Rosa, California
Santa Rosa has three postsecondary schools, only two of which are traditional schools, but there are a few other options within a 50-mile radius of the city. The following 5 schools are the closest traditional schools to Santa Rosa shown by distance below:
- Santa Rosa Junior College (0.0 miles)
- Empire College (2.0 miles)
- Sonoma State University (8.1 miles)
- Pacific Union College (19.1 miles)
- Napa Valley College (25.7 miles)
- Dominican University of California (35.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Santa Rosa, California
Larger schools typically offer more program variety and scheduling options. The top five largest traditional schools within 50 miles of Santa Rosa are shown below and include two 4-year universities and three 2-year schools ranging in student population from around 6,700 to 37,600 students.
- University of California - Berkeley (37,565)
- Santa Rosa Junior College (23,144)
- Solano Community College (9,824)
- Sonoma State University (9,290)
- Contra Costa College (6,697)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES takes the total cost of attendance and subtracts the amount of student aid awarded to get the average net cost for a specific school. The following five schools show the lowest costs for traditional schools in the Santa Rosa area. These figures are for full-time, beginning students who received grants or scholarships and paid either the private school tuition rates or the public school in-district or in-state tuition rates as of 2014-2015.
- Solano Community College ($7,834)
- Contra Costa College ($8,142)
- Berkeley City College ($8,447)
- Santa Rosa Junior college ($8,776)
- College of Marin ($9,781)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES gathers data on the average time it takes full-time, first-time students to complete their degree or certificate program. Graduation rates used to determine the following rankings reflect students who completed their programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. 3 years for associate's degree programs and 6 years for bachelor's degree programs). There is a large range in rates for the top 5 traditional schools, from 44% to 92%, as of 2015.
- University of California - Berkeley (92%)
- Dominican University of California (64%)
- Empire College (60%)
- Sonoma State University (59%)
- Pacific Union College (44%)
For traditional schools offering a number of academic programs of study, Santa Rosa does not provide many options close by, but you can find several within 50 miles that we can categorize in terms of cost, size, location and graduation rate.