Students who live in the area around Seattle, Washington, can choose from a wide variety of colleges and universities. Learn how some of these schools stack up in several categories, including location, student population, net price, and graduation rate, according to data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Seattle, Washington
Given its size and status as a major American city, Seattle is home to several major universities and community colleges within its city limits. The following schools have campuses within close proximity to downtown Seattle.
- Argosy University - Seattle (.6 miles away)
- Seattle Central College (1.5 miles away)
- Seattle University (1.5 miles away)
- Seattle Pacific University (1.5 miles away)
- University of Washington - Seattle (3.3 miles away)
Largest Schools near Seattle, Washington
If you are interested in studying at a school with a larger student population, look into the following colleges and universities within the Seattle area. These schools feature the highest student bodies among all traditional schools within a 25-mile radius of Seattle.
- University of Washington - Seattle (45,408 students)
- Bellevue College (13,398 students)
- Edmonds Community College (8,571 students)
- Green River College (8,153 students)
- Olympic College (7,405 students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price can be determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time, beginning students from the average total cost of attendance. The following schools were listed by the NCES as having the lowest net price in 2015 among traditional schools within the Seattle area.
- Seattle Central College ($3,873)
- North Seattle College ($5,011)
- Olympic College ($6,130)
- Shoreline Community College ($7,170)
- Bellevue College ($7,330)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates a school's graduation rate by looking at the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their degree program within 150% of the average amount of time for that degree. The following five schools boast the highest graduation rates of the traditional schools near the city of Seattle as of 2015:
- University of Washington - Seattle (84% graduation rate)
- Seattle University (79% graduation rate)
- University of Puget Sound (78% graduation rate)
- Seattle Pacific University (71% graduation rate)
- University of Washington - Bothell (70% graduation rate)
The city of Seattle offers potential students a wide variety of options for different degree programs, campus sizes, school affiliations and cost of education.