Plenty of postsecondary schools are available in the Shakopee, Minnesota, area. In order to help readers make an informed academic decision, we compare and contrast the traditional institutions in the area using statistics provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Shakopee, Minnesota
The closest schools to Shakopee are almost all private institutions. For students wishing to attend school close to downtown, there are a few schools that offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Minnesota School of Business-Lakeville (7.7 miles from downtown)
- National American University-Burnsville (8.3 miles from downtown)
- Academy College (10.7 miles from downtown)
- Normandale Community College (10.7miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie (12.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Shakopee, Minnesota
Some students may desire to attend a larger institution in the area. If this is you, then there are over 20 schools near Shakopee that have more than 1,000 students. There are several larger public and private schools that are available.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (50,678 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,148 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,855 students)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College (8,621 students)
- Saint Paul College (6,428 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price is determined by subtracting the average amount of institutional or governmental aid awarded to its full-time undergrad students from the total cost of attendance. According to the NCES, net prices at some Shakopee-area schools go as high as $31,000, but some of the most affordable schools in the area had net prices that ranged from about $11,000 to $13,000 in 2014-2015.
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
- Normandale Community College ($12,328)
- Saint Paul College ($12,725)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College ($12,752)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES are based on full-time undergraduate students who enrolled in a specific year and graduated within 150% of the normal time for their program. Graduation rates for all schools (including specialty schools) near Shakopee, ranged from less than 10% to 95% for 2015.
- Carleton College (95% graduation rate)
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- St Olaf College (87% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
Shakopee, MN, and the surrounding area is home to many traditional public and private schools that give students a choice in location, size, price, and graduation rates.