With nearly 100 postsecondary options for would-be college students in the Smyrna region, we'll examine the traditional public and private, non-profit institutions to help you make an informed decision. We will be comparing them using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Smyrna, Georgia
The closest schools to Smyrna are almost entirely private institutions. Students can find several schools nearby that offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Chattahoochee Technical College (4.4 miles from downtown)
- Life University (4.4 miles from downtown)
- Shorter University-College of Adult & Professional Programs (4.6 miles from downtown)
- American InterContinental University-Atlanta (8.3 miles from downtown)
- Clark Atlanta University (9.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Smyrna, Georgia
The Smyrna area has more than twenty larger schools that have more than 1,000 students, including five schools with more than 10,000 students. Most of the larger schools are 4-year institutions.
- Kennesaw State University (33,252 students)
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 students)
- Georgia Perimeter College (21,088 students)
- Emory University (13,788 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net price for a college or university by calculating the difference between the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergrad student receives and the total cost of attendance. Data from the NCES showed that net prices for all schools in the area ranged between about $3,000 and $32,000 in 2014-2015.
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,894)
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- Georgia Perimeter College ($6,285)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College ($7,695)
Highest Graduation Rate
When the NCES determines a school's overall graduation rate, they look at the number of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs in 150% of normal time. That is, if four years is the normal time for a bachelor's degree program, 150% of normal time would be six years. Based on NCES research for 2015, the traditional schools had rates that ranged from 9% to 89%.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
There are plenty of public and private institutions near Smyrna, GA, for students to choose from that offer different locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.