Sports Management Certifications, Diplomas and Certificate Programs
RSports management certificate and diploma programs contain similar courses, but the program titles and class names vary by school. Students enrolled in a sports management certificate program learn about the legalities, marketing, first aid, business practices and fitness.
Sports management certificate programs prepare students to either continue their sports management education or to seek an entry-level position in recreational sports management. Students with a sports management certificate may obtain entry-level employment with private or public fitness clubs; local, state or federal parks; rehabilitation centers; or cruise ships.
- Program Specializations-Includes studies in marketing, exercise science, sports administration
- Program Levels-Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, MBA in Sports Management
Sports Management Certificate
Sports management certificate programs are an ideal choice for students interested in entering the sports and fitness industry. Students will learn management, marketing, public relations along with several other topics and how they specifically relate to the sports industry. Upon completion students can continue working towards their degree or seek employment for a sports or fitness organization. Students will learn legalities, marketing and management skills all related specifically related to the sports and recreation industry.
- Sports Administration
- Sports Law & Risk Management
- Sporting Arenas and Event Management
- Sports Public Relations and Marketing
- Exercise Science
- Recreation Management
Popular Career Options
Upon certificate completion students can pursue several career options in the sports industry. Students who successful complete the certificate programs are candidates for work in management, administration, marketing or public relations for sports, fitness or recreation organizations. Some of the career options are cruise ship recreation director or adventure tour guide. Other choices include fitness program manager, rehabilitation assistant or facilities management for a recreation center.
Employment Outlook and Salary Info
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recreation workers were projected to see a 14% growth in employment opportunities from 2012-2022, which is about average for all occupations. The mean annual wages for these workers were $22,620 in May 2014.
Continuing Education Information
In addition to sports management certificate and diploma programs, there are associate degrees, bachelor degrees, master's degrees and post-graduate certificate sports management programs. The most popular programs are the Master of Arts, Master of Science or Master of Business Administration in sports management for those wishing to enter the field of professional or collegiate sports management. Upon earning a master's degree in sports management, students are prepared for employment as general managers, operations managers, sports agents, sports advertising and promotions managers, sports public relations managers and sports financial managers.
Related to Diploma in Sports Management
- Recently Updated
Some of the best schools in the country offer sports management programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Read...
Sports in America are no longer just a game. Sports are big business, serving as prime entertainment and a large revenue...
Chicago has about six schools with programs in sports management. Find the best program for you by reading about schools'...
Learn about education alternatives for students interested in earning an Associate of Business Science degree in sports...
- Online Bachelor of Sports Management Degree Program Information
- Online Doctoral Degrees in Sports Management & Administration
- Online Masters Degree in Sports Management: Program Summary
- Associate of Internet-Network Engineering: Degree Overview
- Purchasing and Merchandising Management Major: Info and Requirements
- Irish Studies Undergraduate Degree Program Information
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA): Business Management Degree Overview
- Sports Management Masters Degree Program Overview
- Doctorate in Sports Management: PhD Program Information
- Master of Management: Information Systems Security Degree Overview
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): E-Commerce Degree Overview
- Constitutional Law Professions: Career and Education Overview