There are numerous colleges and universities near Springfield, Missouri. Using statistics and other information from National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) helps students compare schools to find the best fit for them.
Closest Schools to Springfield, Missouri
Proximity to Springfield may be a priority for students looking at colleges and universities in the area. There are three schools located downtown and two others within a few miles away. Two of the universities located downtown are 4-year private schools. Take a look at these schools that are very close to downtown Springfield:
- Drury University (located downtown)
- Evangel University (located downtown)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (located downtown)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (0.4 miles from downtown)
- Everest College-Springfield (3.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Springfield, Missouri
Springfield, Missouri, has two schools with enrollment figures exceeding 10,000. The largest of the five schools listed has almost 22,300 students. The largest schools are all located within 4 miles of downtown Springfield.
- Missouri State University-Springfield (22,273 students)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (13,614 students)
- Drury University (3,688 students)
- Evangel University (1,958 students)
- Vatterott College-Springfield (359 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
When deciding on a school, an important factor to think about is how much it will cost to attend that school. The net prices are calculated for full-time undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 school year. The two schools with the lowest net price are public schools, and the other three are private. The school with the lowest net price is located in downtown Springfield.
- Ozarks Technical Community College ($6,223)
- Missouri State University-Springfield ($14,515)
- Bryan University ($18,592)
- Vatterott College-Springfield ($18,823)
- Midwest Technical Institute-Springfield ($20,620)
Highest Graduation Rate
Colleges and universities use a graduation rate to show how many full-time undergraduate students finish their program within 150% of the normal time. These rates shown are for 2015. The two schools with the highest graduation rate are private schools located within five miles of downtown.
- Midwest Technical Institute-Springfield (70% graduation rate)
- Everest College-Springfield (59% graduation rate)
- Drury University (56% graduation rate)
- Evangel University (54% graduation rate)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (52% graduation rate)
Students using the information from NCES can easily compare location, size, cost, and graduation rate to find a school that fits their educational needs.