Closest Schools to Springfield, VA
There are fifteen schools near Springfield, Virginia. If you want to stay close to the city, these are the five closest traditional colleges and universities.
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (3.8 miles)
- George Mason University (4.5 miles)
- Stratford University (4.5 miles)
- University of the Potomac-VA Campus (9.5 miles)
- Marymount University (11.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Springfield, VA
When determining what options best suit your needs in an education, size often matters. If you prefer a larger institution, the Springfield, VA area offers many school options. These five are the largest:
- George Mason University (33,929 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,473 students)
- Marymount University (3,363 students)
- Stratford University (3,303 students)
- University of Management and Technology (1,260 students)
Lowest Net Price
Many aspiring college students are unable to pick a school without first considering the cost of attendance. According to 2015-2016 data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the following institutions have the lowest net price for full-time undergraduate students of the fifteen in the region compared. NCES calculates net price based on the average cost of attending a school less the average amount of financial assistance provided.
- University of Management and Technology ($12,801)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
- Stratford University ($22,509)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly ($23,138)
Highest Graduation Rate
The quality level of education at a college or university can impact students' success both in and beyond the classroom. Graduation rates can be useful to examine because they offer clues about what kind of academic experience students may have at a school. According to the NCES, the following five institutions had the highest graduation rates based on first-time undergraduates who completed their programs within 150% of the normal amount of time.
- George Mason University (69%)
- Marymount University (50%)
- Stratford University (40%)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39%)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly (35%)
When you're considering going to school in Springfield, VA there are many factors that might influence your decision. This article highlights the schools in the area ranked in the closest, largest, least expensive and highest graduation rates.