Stockton students looking for higher education have a number of options available in the area. We've broken them down into categories based on things like distance from the city and graduation rates. Those stats come from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Stockton, CA
The closest schools to Stockton are all within 10 miles of the town. Most of these institutions are 4-year private schools.
- University of the Pacific (2.0 miles from downtown Stockton)
- Humphreys College-Stockton and Modesto Campuses (3.7 miles from downtown Stockton)
- San Joaquin Delta College (3.7 miles from downtown Stockton)
- ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop (9.7 miles away in Lathrop)
Largest Schools Near Stockton, CA
The largest schools near Stockton had more than 6,000 students as of fall 2015. Some of them had much smaller student bodies but are still among the largest in the area, due to the limited school options.
- San Joaquin Delta College (17,895 students)
- University of the Pacific (6,281 students)
- Humphreys College-Stockton and Modesto Campuses (565 students)
- ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop (387 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of financial aid students typically receive from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses. While the range in net price varies widely here, these are the schools with the lowest reported 2014-2015 net prices among public and private non-profit schools in the area for full-time undergraduates.
- San Joaquin Delta College ($10,938)
- Humphreys College-Stockton and Modesto Campuses ($11,250)
- ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop ($23,244)
- University of the Pacific ($33,816)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time undergraduate students who graduated in 150% of the normal time it takes to complete their degree programs (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree instead of the usual four). Following is more information about the public and private non-profit schools with the highest graduation rates in the Stockton area for those who entered into their programs in 2009 (4-year programs) and 2012 (2-year programs).
- University of the Pacific (66% graduation rate)
- Humphreys College-Stockton and Modesto Campuses (42% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop (40% graduation rate)
- San Joaquin Delta College (31% graduation rate)
The schools in and around Stockton, California, have been categorized by affordability, location, graduation rate, and student population to help you in your decision of which ones make most sense for your education goals.