Four-year universities, community colleges, religious schools, vocational institutions -- all of these can be found within minutes of Troy, MI. To help students explore the nearby school options and find the one that fits their education needs, criteria such as location, largest school, lowest net cost and graduation rate are examined through data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Troy, MI
The closest schools to Troy are 2-year public schools and 4-year public and private non-profit schools. Students will have the chance to earn undergraduate and graduate degrees at those institutions. The five closest schools within 9 miles are:
- Oakland Community College (Bloomfield Hills)
- Rochester College (Rochester Hills)
- Macomb Community College (Warren)
- Oakland University (Rochester Hills)
- Lawrence Technological University (Southfield)
Largest Schools Near Troy, MI
The largest schools near Troy were all 2-year and 4-year public institutions. They had more than 16,000 students, as of fall 2015. The following are the largest schools in the area:
- Wayne State University (27,140 students)
- Macomb Community College (22,182 students)
- Oakland Community College (21,061 students)
- Oakland University (20,261 students)
- Wayne County Community College District (16,654 students)
Lowest Net Price
Although institutional and governmental financial aid programs can be a tremendous help in covering the cost of a college education, they do not always cover every expense -- especially if the school has a high tuition rate. The lowest net price is calculated by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance. According to 2014-2015 data from the NCES, the following schools had the lowest net price for full-time beginning undergraduates.
- Henry Ford College ($3,928)
- Oakland Community College ($4,175)
- Schoolcraft College ($4,854)
- Wayne County Community College District ($5,337)
- Macomb Community College ($7,173)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time students who graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' for their degree program (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). The following schools had the highest graduation rates for full-time undergraduates who entered into their programs in either 2009.
- University of Detroit Mercy (63% graduation rate)
- Madonna University (61% graduation rate)
- Lawrence Technological University (56% graduation rate)
- University of Michigan-Dearborn (53% graduation rate)
- Oakland University (44% graduation rate)
The schools in and around Troy, Michigan, can be broken down into categories such as lowest net price, largest school, closest school and highest graduation rate to help you determine which ones are most suited to you.