Students seeking to attend a postsecondary institution in Tuscaloosa, AL, can choose from among several 2-year and 4-year institutions. To help students choose the best institution for them, we compare the traditional schools using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The majority of the closest schools to Tuscaloosa are 4-year schools; a couple of which offer both undergraduate and graduate degree programs for interested students.
- Stillman College (located downtown)
- The University of Alabama (2 miles from downtown)
- Shelton State Community College (3.6 miles from downtown)
- University of Montevallo (41.7 miles from downtown)
- Judson College (41.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The largest schools near Tuscaloosa include a couple of community colleges. Most of the larger institutions are 4-year public universities.
- The University of Alabama (37,098 students)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (18,333 students)
- Samford University (5,206 students)
- Shelton State Community College (4,834 students)
- Bevill State Community College (3,619 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The average net price for a college or university is determined by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid a full-time undergrad student receives from the total cost of attendance. Net prices for the traditional schools in the area ranged from around $7,500 to over $23,000 for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Bevill State Community College ($7,570)
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus ($7,676)
- Shelton State Community College ($8,847)
- Judson College ($13,901)
- Miles College ($15,646)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate for a school includes the number of full-time undergraduate students who completed their studies in 150% of 'normal time'. According to NCES figures for full-time students, the traditional Tuscaloosa, Alabama, schools ranged in graduation rates of 12% up to 74% in 2015.
- Samford University (74% graduation rate)
- The University of Alabama (67% graduation rate)
- Birmingham Southern College (61% graduation rate)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (55% graduation rate)
- University of Montevallo (45% graduation rate)
The Tuscaloosa, Alabama, area offers several public and private school options that also give students a range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates to choose from.