Dublin's proximity to Columbus, OH, puts many schools within a 25-mile radius, including Ohio State University, a community college and two private universities. Utilize data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to review several evaluation categories including: proximity to Dublin, student body size, price, and graduation rate.
Schools Closest to Dublin, Ohio
There are no schools in the immediate vicinity of Dublin, but several schools are available via a short drive to surrounding towns and cities. The 5 closest schools to Dublin can be found within about a 12-mile radius of Dublin, and are listed below. These schools are all 4-year institutions, but are both public and privately-owned.
- ITT Technical Institute-Hilliard (6.7 miles away from downtown)
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (9.3 miles away from downtown)
- Otterbein University (10.1 miles away from downtown)
- Ohio Wesleyan University (11.8 miles away from downtown)
- Ohio Dominican University (12.2 miles away from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Dublin, Ohio
There are 2 large schools near Dublin, with a state university and community college having roughly 59,000 and 26,000 total students respectively. Of the remaining schools, 41 of them have less than 3,500 total students. Here is a list of the largest schools near Dublin:
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (58,663 total students)
- Columbus State Community College (25,983 total students)
- Franklin University (5,102 total students)
- Capital University (3,465 total students)
- Otterbein University (2,808 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES breaks down numerous statistics for all U.S. colleges, including a net price figure that lumps together full-time undergraduate tuition, room, board, books and fees and then subtracts the average amount of financial aid awarded to students. When applicable, the lower of in-district or in-state tuition and fees is used for the calculation; the NCES also accounts for living expenses whether or not students reside on campus. The following 5 schools had the lowest net price figures for 2014-15.
- Columbus State Community College ($5,992)
- Bradford School ($16,871)
- Heritage College-Columbus ($18,074)
- Ohio State University-Main Campus ($18,502)
- Ohio Dominican University ($21,740)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also offers data regarding graduation rates. Students who finish their degree within 150% of the normal time - e.g., six years or less for a bachelor's degree - are counted in a school's graduation rate. The following schools had the best figures in this category; all percentages for these schools were based on full-time students who enrolled in 2009 to begin a bachelor's degree program.
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (83% graduation rate)
- Bradford School (80% graduation rate)
- Ohio Wesleyan University (71% graduation rate)
- Capital University (63% graduation rate)
- Otterbein University (61% graduation rate)
With 44 schools in the Dublin, OH, area, it is of the utmost importance that students consider evaluation criteria such as graduation rate, cost, school size, and proximity to Dublin.