Business Finance Degree Program and Career Video
Business Finance Degree Program and Career Video Transcript
Financial advisors, international finance consultants, controllers, bankers and accountants all have a firm foundation in business finance. This video introduces business finance degree programs to anyone wanting to learn more about the basics of this degree.
A bachelor's degree in Business Finance is a specialized business degree that is flexible enough to allow for multiple job opportunities. Though programs vary, some colleges and universities across the United States offer a general bachelor's degree in business administration with a finance concentration. Still other schools make business finance its own degree opportunity and offer specific finance concentrations such as real estate, corporate accounting and investment .
As the name implies, business finance programs prepare students for dealing with money in the best possible way. Business finance degree programs teach students how to manage financial resources for institutions, corporations or individuals. Most programs try to balance theory and practical application of coursework and focus on effective leadership, ethical action, financial knowledge, analysis and logic.
Typical major-related business finance courses are:
- Financial Analysis
- Principles of Marketing
- Contracts and Sales
- Financial Management
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Statistics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Investment Principles
A business finance education prepares you for many financial leadership positions in all types of industries, such as government, non-profit and private companies. Most graduates use their skills in areas such as investment, banking, mortgage, brokerage and insurance firms. Specifically, a bachelor's degree in finance can get you a good entry-level job as a financial advisor, investor, financial analyst, controller, portfolio manager, banker or accountant.
Graduates with a finance education also make great candidates for higher education, specifically a Master of Business Administration (MBA). An MBA can open up many doors to competitive job fields.
Look into your desired college or university and see if they offer a business finance degree or concentration. It can open up many financial job opportunities.
[#1] Ferris State University, www.ferris.edu
[#2] University of Nevada, Las Vegas www.unlv.edu
Business Finance Degree Program and Career Video Related Articles
Honolulu has few schools with programs in finance. Read about the top local school's degree programs, tuition and ranking info to find...
Students interested in studying business finance in Austin, TX, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools'...
There are only a few institutions with degrees in finance in the Colorado Springs area. Read about the top local school's degree...
Six schools in the Dallas area have top ranking business finance programs. Read on to find out more about what these top schools have to...
Colleges offer graduate certificate programs in business finance to help professionals learn what goes into sound financial...
- Business Finance Courses
- Online International Business Undergraduate Degree Program
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business
- International Finance Degree
- Online Doctoral Degree Programs in International Business
- International Finance Masters
- International Business Schools in Boston
- Top College in Augusta, GA, for Finance Classes
- Top Degrees in Business Finance and Accounting - Las Vegas, NV
- Top School in Richmond, VA, for a Business Finance Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Business: Online Finance Degree
- Top Ranked Business Finance Degree Program - Seattle, WA
Looking to get into a specialized area of medicine? Explore a comparison of podiatrists and chiropractors to see if either might be a good...
Employment opportunities for biology majors depend upon a number of factors, including area of specialization and degree level. Graduates...
A college job may seem like a simple means to an end, a way to cover your bills and school expenses while you make your way through...
There are approximately 17 schools within New Jersey that have radiology programs. Read an overview of the ten largest schools' programs,...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MBA - Finance Concentration
- Jack Welch Executive Master of Business Administration
- MS in Accounting - Corporate Accounting
- MS in Accounting - International Accounting
- MBA - Accounting Concentration
- MS in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- BBA - Finance Concentration
- BBA - Accounting
- BS in Accounting
- AA in Accounting
- AA in Business Administration
- Diploma in Acquisition and Contract Management
- MS in Finance - Financial Analysis
- MS in Finance
- MS in Finance - Financial Planning
- MBA - Finance
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting- Tax
- BSFIN in Accelerated MS Finance
- BS in Finance
- BSFIN in General Finance
- BS in Business Administration - Financial Analysis
- BSFIN in Investments
- BS in Accounting
- AAS in Accounting
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Admin-Office Management
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science in Finance
- Doctor of Business Administration - Management
- MBA: Finance
- MBA: Accounting
- MS in Accounting
- MBA and MS in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- MBA: Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business for Secondary Education
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Finance and Economics
- BS in Applied Management
- BS in Business Admin.
- Accelerated MBA Accounting
- Accelerated MBA Financial Management
- MBA Accounting
- MBA Financial Management
- Accelerated Masters in Business Administration
- DUAL MBA-MSN
- Bachelors in Management
- PhD in Business Administration - Financial Management
- DBA in Financial Management
- DBA in General Business
- DBA in Advanced Accounting
- DBA in Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in General Business
- Accelerated Master of Business
- Master of Science in Accounting
- MBA in Management
- MBA in International Business
- Doctor of Management (DM) - General Concentration (Executive Format)
- MBA in Finance
- Master of Business Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Finance
- BS - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- BS - Business Administration - General
- BS - Business Administration - Management
- Associate of Science in Accounting
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Personal Financial Planning
- Master of Business Administration - Executive Management (Virtual Format)
- Master of Business Administration - No Specialization
- B.S. Accounting
- B.S. Business Administration - Personal Financial Planning
- B.S. Business Administration - No Specialization
- B.S. General Studies - Business
- B.S. Management - No Specialization
- A.S. Accounting
- A.S. Business
- A.S. General Studies - Business
- Master of Business Administration - Management (Spanish)
- BA in Business Administration - Finance
- BA in Accounting
- Business Administration, BA - Management
- AA in Accounting