Childcare Management Professions Video: Career Options and Educational Requirements
- Sports Agent Video: Educational Requirements for a Career in Sports Management
- International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info
Childcare Management Professions Video: Career Options and Educational Requirements Transcript
The childcare industry can include anything from daycare management to healthcare professionals. As such, positions range from childcare workers to child life specialists. Childcare management can stem from a variety of backgrounds, including psychology, child development, or early childhood education.
Childcare management professionals deal with issues in child development and care. They learn about children's health, psychosocial development, education needs and physical development along with general business concepts and theories. Training in the field can range from an associate's degree to a master's and advanced certification or training. Childcare management professionals work directly with children and families as well as handling small business operations.
Job Duties and Skills
Childcare management professionals need to be vested in the interest of children and their development. Job duties and skills can range from supervising children at a daycare facility to analyzing children and families in a hospital or clinical setting. Professionals learn how to establish and manage a daycare center, preschool, or other childcare service organization. They need to be knowledgeable of current developmental trends, children's health and development issues, as well as business practices and procedures.
Training and education requirements within childcare management depend on a person's specific state and position. Specialists, managers, and healthcare professionals dealing with children need advanced training and degrees, depending on their role and specialty. Child life specialists, for instance, require a bachelor's or master's degree along with field training and internships. Childcare workers can also earn national certification as a Child Development Associate or a Certified Childcare Professional. Individuals in the childcare management industry may have such backgrounds in human growth, child development, education, counseling, or psychology.
Individuals interested in a childcare management profession may find themselves working for a childcare center, outreach organization, preschool, clinic, or hospital. Positions range from childcare worker or daycare center director to a child life specialist. Because the field is so broad, individuals interested in childcare management have the opportunity to choose from a variety of different positions and career levels.
Childcare management professionals have the opportunity to work with and for children on a variety of levels. Education and training can range from a two-year degree program to an advanced four-year degree and additional certification. Individuals must have a passion for children and be knowledgeable in areas of child development, care, growth, and education. It is an industry that allows for many choices and growth in the field.
Childcare Management Professions Video: Career Options and Educational Requirements Related Articles
Graduate certificates in child care management do not exist. However, students interested in day care and child care management careers...
Learn about a career as a child care manager or director. Find out the education and skills required, in addition to the salary...
Students in Doctor of Management programs learn to plan and implement change within an organization, act as leaders in a global business...
A master's degree program in management offers instruction in subjects such as marketing, human resource management, workplace safety,...
Many students become floor managers or supervisors at their part-time job. Here are some tips to help you solve those tough issues.
- Distance Learning Bachelor of Healthcare Management College Degree
- Distance Learning Certificate in Healthcare Management
- Career Education in Conflict Management
- Online Healthcare Information Management Graduate Degree
- Early Childhood Development Education Online College Degree
- Construction Management Education
- Aviation Management Education
- Top Schools for Construction Management, Carpentry & Inspection Programs
- Business Management (Minor): Coursework Overview
- Top Schools for Catering and Restaurant Management
- Top Schools for Office Management
- Top Schools with Sport Management Graduate Programs
Electronic learning (e-learning), commonly used in distance learning programs, is available in online, DVD, CD-ROM and videoconferencing...
There are many career options for those who do not have a degree and wish to work in sales. Learn about some of the options you have...
Few schools in the Honolulu area have top-ranking public administration programs. Read on to find out more about what these top schools...
Dental billing courses familiarize students with dental procedures and their corresponding codes in order to accurately bill insurance...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MA in Museum Studies
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Doctor of Philosophy in Human Services
- Master of Arts in Human Services
- MA in Human Services, Mental Health Administration
- MA in Human Services, Not-for-Profit Management
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology - Gerontology
- Master of Science in Child and Adolescent Developmental Psychology