Distance Learning Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Teaching Over the Internet
Distance Learning Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Teaching Over the Internet Transcript
The Internet has revolutionized nearly every aspect of our lives, and so its dramatic effect on education is not surprising. Distance education allows people to pursue online degrees in virtually any area of study from within the comfort of their home. Online classes have opened up educational opportunities where often there were none, particularly for those who do not live near post-secondary institutions. Given the increasing popularity of education on the Internet, the demand for online instructors is growing a rapid rate.
Online instructors teach classes for students who are pursuing degrees or subject expertise on the Internet. These instructors are expected to perform all of the duties that might be expected of any on-site teacher, the primary difference being that online instructors rarely meet students outside of the virtual world. Rather, all interaction occurs through use of computers and audio and visual equipment. Instructors present information before a camera with students watching and listening on computers. Discussion often occurs in the same dynamic way of a traditional classroom, though some programs offer courses that have been prepared in advance so they can be watched by students at any time. The majority of coursework exchanged between student and teacher typically occurs via email. Online instructors may conduct courses from a classroom at traditional educational institution, an office, or even the home.
In the majority of situations, online instructors must have all of the qualifications of traditional teachers working in classrooms. Opportunities are available for teachers of diverse backgrounds and education levels--from un-credentialed professionals who happen to be very knowledgeable about a given subject to those with doctorate degrees. The strong presence of post-secondary institutions online has created great demand for licensed teachers with master's degrees in a wide range of topic areas. Those without an advanced degree, however, are not without options. Many state and local agencies provide opportunities online that range from GED programs to community education courses. Those with an undergraduate degree or high school diploma may be eligible for these positions with proper certification, depending on specific requirements. For all online teaching positions, familiarity with computers and other communications equipment is also a prerequisite.
Online instructors are in high demand. This is in large part due to the fact that traditional colleges and universities are increasingly offering courses and degree programs online. Additionally, online-based schools not associated with existing post-secondary institutions are also growing in number.
People are drawn to becoming online instructors for reasons that are similar to those of traditional teachers. The ability to witness a student engage in material and progress over a period of time is thought by many to be a special privilege. Online instructors enjoy additional benefits not available to colleagues in the classroom. For example, they may reach students all over the world without every leaving their home or geographical area.
Distance Learning Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Teaching Over the Internet Related Articles
A kindergarten teacher instructs students who are normally four to six years old using games, technology, group activities, crafts and...
Pre-K teachers require some formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and certification requirements to see if this is the...
Learn about a career as an ancient history teacher. Read the job description, duties, education requirements, salary, and employment...
Read about a career in American history teaching. Research the educational and skill requirements and learn about the job description and...
Learn about the job duties of a world history teacher. See what the career prospects and earning potential are to figure out if this...
- Distance Learning Associate's Degree Programs in Elementary Teaching and Curriculum
- Distance Learning Training Programs to Be a Teacher's Aide
- Educational Requirements for Becoming a Teacher
- Online Literacy Teaching Bachelor's Degrees
- Online Mathematics Teaching Graduate Degrees
- How Do I Become a Teacher in NC
- Teaching Schools in Raleigh
- High School Teacher: Requirements & Career Info
- Teaching Degree: Top Ranked Teacher Education Program - Santa Ana, CA
- Vocational School Teacher: Job Description & Career Info
- Kindergarten Teacher: Requirements for Teaching Kindergarten
- Top University in Richmond for a Teaching Degree
Individuals with educational backgrounds in counseling may consider becoming divorce coaches. Get more information about what the job...
Research the requirements to become a window installer. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step process to...
For a lot of young people, the opportunity to secure a decent career provides major incentive to go to college. However, working adults...
Alcohol counselors are trained to rehabilitate individuals who are addicted to alcohol. Aspiring professionals in this field can earn a...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Higher Ed - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Education (for Practicing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Higher Ed - College Teaching and Learning
- MS in Higher Education - Online College Teaching
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- BS in Early Childhood Administration
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Education: School Leadership in the 21st Century
- Master of Arts in Education: Special Education
- Master of Arts in Education: Early Childhood Education
- Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum & Instruction
- Master of Arts in Education: Higher Education
- BA in Education Studies
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA in Early Childhood Education
- BA in Instructional Design
- BA in Cognitive Studies
- BA in Health Education
- AA Early Childhood Education
- PhD in Education - Curriculum & Teaching
- PhD in Education - Early Childhood Education
- Ed.D. in Curriculum & Teaching
- Ed.D. in Global Training & Development
- PhD in International Education
- Ed.D in General Education
- Master of Education - General Education
- Master of Education - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education - Curriculum & Teaching
- Master of Education - International Education
- MEd in PK-12 Principal Leadership
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist with a specialization in Special Education
- Education Specialist with a specialization in International Education
- Education Specialist in Early Childhood Education
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Teaching
- Education Specialist with a specialization in Instructional Leadership
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Digital Curation
- EdS - Personalized and Competency-Based Instruction
- EdD - Personalized and Competency-Based Instruction
- EdD - Educational Leadership and Mgmt
- EdD - Curriculum and Instruction
- PhD - Special Education Leadership
- PhD - Curriculum and Instruction
- MS - Reading and Literacy
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration
- MS - Curriculum and Instruction
- MS - Higher Education Leadership and Administration
- MS - Instruction in the 1:1 Environment
- MS - Competency-Based Instruction
- MS - Instructional Design and Technology
- Cert - English As A Second Language (Campus)
- Cert - Instructional Design and Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- PhD in Organizational Development and Leadership - Corporate Training and E-Learning Specialization
- Doctor of Psychology - Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Psychology - Educational Leadership