Duke University in Durham, NC Video Review
Duke University in Durham, NC Video Review Transcript
Duke University is located in Durham, North Carolina approximately 25 miles northwest of Raleigh. The most popular majors for undergraduates are economics, psychology, history, political science and public policy. Duke University offers bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs.
Duke University is a private Methodist institution located in Durham. Founded in 1838, the university is one of the preeminent schools in the nation and features strong academics in a wide range of disciplines. Duke can also be counted among the top research institutions in the country. The school's scholastic excellence and civic leadership earn it a national ranking of #8th overall in the 2008 America's Best Colleges list from U.S. News & World Report. Among Duke's many strengths are programs in law, medicine, business and the arts and humanities.
Duke's campus is known for providing a high quality of life. As a prominent research institution, the university hosts impressive academic facilities, including numerous engineering institutes, medical centers, technology hubs and libraries. Over 80 percent of undergraduates live in university housing making for a close community of students. This community is also very diverse, with 400 campus organizations representing a wide variety of backgrounds and interests.
Duke offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs through 10 schools and colleges. Interdisciplinary studies are also encouraged, allowing students to craft their own curriculum with the oversight of faculty. Individual student attention is an important focus at the university, as exhibited by an excellent 8:1 student-faculty ratio. Popular undergraduate majors at Duke include economics, psychology, history, political science and public policy.
Duke has an undergraduate student body of more than 6,000. One of the 'most selective' schools in the nation, the university has a freshman acceptance rate of 23 percent. Incoming students typically score in the 1350 - 1540 range on the SAT and between 29 and 34 on the ACT.
-statistics compiled by U.S. News and World Report in its annual list 'America's Best Colleges.'
Duke University in Durham, NC Video Review Related Articles
Are you wondering if a major in economics might be the right path for you? Take a look at the questions below and see if your interests...
Are you trying to choose a major, and wondering if psychology might be a good fit for you? Take a look at the questions listed below and...
An undergraduate history program provides students with a comprehensive world-view of the recorded past and its effects on the present...
Looking for a way to get some college credits without having to sit in a classroom, Daniel Santos discovered the CLEP exams and...
Study for the psychology CLEP exam using online videos and practice quizzes. Study.com has a complete study resource designed for...
- Durham, North Carolina (NC) Colleges
- Sewing Classes in Raleigh NC
- Schools in Raleigh NC
- Cooking Classes Raleigh NC
- Art Classes Raleigh NC
- Raleigh, North Carolina (NC) Colleges
- Degree Programs in Durham
- Learn Psychology in the Blogosphere: Top 10 Psychology Blogs
- Learn History in the Blogosphere: 10 Top History Blogs
- Study Shows 'Millennials' May Be the Most Educated Generation in History
- Campus Events that Shaped History
- Do Schools Really Need to Teach History?
A career in postsecondary education includes the ranks of associate professor and professor. They share some responsibilities, although...
Graduate degree programs in forensic psychology include Master of Science (M.S.), Master of Arts (M.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), and...
Family law is offered as a certificate within a J.D. program, as a dual J.D.-Master of Social Work program or as a major in a Master of...
Learn about online Juris Doctorate (JD) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs. Get an overview of the program types,...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Engineering Technology
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- EdD in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- EdD in Organizational Leadership - Special Education
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Cognition and Instruction
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Gerontology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Human Factors
- MA in Curriculum and Instruction
- MS in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- MS in Psychology: General Psychology
- M.A. in Communication with an Emphasis in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Business for Secondary Education
- BS in Applied Management
- BS in Psychology
- B.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance and Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- BS in Accounting
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in GeroPsychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Forensic Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Human Factors Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Life Coaching
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Certificate: Post Conflict State Reconstruction and Sustainability
- MS in Teaching & Learning
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Finance
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master - Information Technology Management
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- BS in Communication
- BS in Human Services
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Project Management
- BS in Marketing
- Undergraduate Specialization - Criminal Forensics
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Undergraduate Certificate - Project Management
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Graduate Certificate - Cyber Security
- Ph.D. in Literacy
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Special Education
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Master of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration in Taxation
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Taxation
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Academic Librarianship
- Master of Science in Finance
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Health Administration in Health Systems Management
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Certificate
- MS in Film Production
- MS in Entertainment Business
- MS in New Media Journalism
- MFA in Creative Writing
- MS in Public Relations
- MS in Internet Marketing
- BS in Software Development
- BS - Cloud Technologies (Campus)
- BS - Creative Writing for Entertainment (Campus)
- BS - Film (Campus)
- BS - Media Communications (Campus)
- BS - Mobile Development (Campus)
- Cert - English As A Second Language (Campus)
- Cert - Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication - Advocacy and Social Impact Concentration
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Public Administration and Policy
- Master of Science in Agile Project Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Graduate Certificate in Agile Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Health and Human Services Administration
- Master of Arts in Human Resource Management
- Master of Arts in International Development
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Special Education
- Master of Science in Accountancy
- RN to Bachelors of Science in Nursing