Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, and Fashion Merchandising Career Video
Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, and Fashion Merchandising Career Video Transcript
Have you dreamed of a career in fashion design, fashion merchandising or fashion marketing? Do you live and breath for fashion and textiles? Do you sew your own designs and keep tabs on what the apparel industry is doing this season? Then a degree in fashion may be your destiny.
Fashion is a very fast-paced and exciting business, but it's also very competitive. To succeed you'll need to be both highly skilled and highly talented. Two- and four-year degree programs will give you valuable training in the technical and creative sides of the style industry.
Degree programs for fashion design, merchandising and marketing will have many similar core requirements, but each will focus on the skills you'll need in these particular design fields. Fashion design is a very technical field that suits students who are highly creative and full of new ideas, but who are also precise in their sewing and measurements and have good attention to detail.
Fashion merchandising and fashion marketing focus more on the business side of the fashion industry. Students in fashion merchandising learn the ins and outs of apparel manufacturing, textiles, promotion, buying and selling. Fashion marketing students will learn the best ways to attract and keep customers, evaluate new products and designs, decide on pricing and arrange advertising campaigns.
Associate and bachelor's degree programs in fashion are offered at many community colleges, universities and private design or art institutes. Fashion degree students will take core courses in a variety of fashion subjects, plus specific coursework to prepare them for fashion design, merchandising or marketing. Some typical coursework includes:
- History of Fashion
- Global Fashion Industry Trends
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Visual Merchandising
- Apparel Manufacturing
- Consumer Market Segments
- Global Fashion Economics
In general, employers are looking for designers with an associate or bachelor's degree in fashion. Competition is very high for job openings and a good portfolio or collection of designs can be your key to entering the fashion industry. Consider looking for degree programs that offer internship opportunities so you can get a head start on your fashion portfolio or collection. Also look for study abroad options that can give you experience in global markets.
Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, and Fashion Merchandising Career Video Related Articles
Few schools in the Austin, TX, area have top ranking fashion programs. Read on to find out what one school has to offer in fashion, as...
In a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program in fashion design and marketing, students develop creative and technical skills in garment...
Students interested in studying fashion design and marketing in Los Angeles, CA, have several schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Associate of Science (A.S.) programs related to fashion design and marketing provide a foundation in merchandising, design, and fashion...
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) programs that explore both fashion marketing and design are typically known as fashion marketing and...
- Fashion Marketing Career Training in Portland
- Associate Degree in Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Design School in Miami
- Boston School of Fashion Design
- Fashion Merchandising Schools in West Virginia
- Fashion Merchandising Degrees in Minnesota
- Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Fashion Marketing and Merchandising: Degree Overview
- Online Fashion Merchandising Certificate and Diploma Info
- Fashion Design & Merchandising Career Options and Requirements
- BFA in Fashion Design & Merchandising: Degree Overview
- Top School in Dallas for Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
Find out how to become a professional dancer. Research the training requirements, and learn about the experience you need to advance your...
Online audiovisual classes and training programs provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to stay current in the constantly...
Whether you're interested in learning marketing techniques that will help you to promote your business or would like a career in the...
Missouri is home to about 60 public and private colleges and universities with graduate programs. See what several of these schools have...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MA in Graphic Design
- MA in Interior Design
- MA in Design & Media Management
- BA in Fashion Design
- BA in Fashion Marketing and Management
- BS in Fashion Merchandising
- BA in Fashion Marketing
- AS in Fashion Design
- AS in Applied Science - Fashion Marketing & Management
- AAin Fashion Merchandising
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Fashion Marketing
- Certificate in Acting 1
- Certificate in Acting 2
- Certificate in Acting 3
- Certificate in Acting 4
- BA in Graphic Design - Animation and Motion Graphics Specialization
- AS in Graphic Design - Web and Interactive Design Specialization
- AS in Graphic Design - Animation and Motion Graphics Specialization
- Master of Arts in Communication - Media & Arts Management and Promotion
- Visual Design
- Front-End Web Development
- HTML, CSS & Web Design Circuit
- User Experience Design
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Graphic Design - NTA.1U (Design Graphique - NTA.1U )
- Diploma in Visual Graphic Design